Got a lead?
Here's 18 Ways to Lose it!
You've gotten in a rhythm, and you feel like you've vetted hundreds of leads. However, when you get ready to make a move, or you feel like the prospect is about to seal the deal with you, all of a sudden they are gone. The following is a checklist of 18 behaviors that contribute to losing sales instead of closing them:
- Don't bother qualifying prospects
- Start by talking about what you're selling
- Don't waste time and money finding ways to cultivate prospects
- Never take time to ask questions.
- Be sure to drop the names of other clients.
- Never listen to what the prospect is saying.
- Always assume the customer is looking for the lowest price.
- Don't bother trying to figure out as prospect's problems
- Forget about small accounts
- Always push for a meeting
- Throw in the right words
- Focus on the low hanging fruit
- Don't bother keeping good records
- Don't waste valuable selling time following up after making the sale
- Never bother to find out about a prospect's business
- If prospects don't buy, don't bother with them
- Stay focus on making the sale and ignore the prospect's buying process
- Never prepare or rehearse a presentation