November 2012 Newsletter
One of our recent lower level remodeling projects.
Holiday Shopping Safety Tips
Shopping during the holiday season can present unique danger. Taking a few prevention measures can help keep your holiday season joyous.
The holiday season is a time when busy people can become careless and vulnerable to theft and other holiday crime. The following tips can help you be more careful, prepared and aware during the holiday season.
- Shop during daylight hours whenever possible. If you must shop at night, go with a friend or family member.
- Dress casually and comfortably.
- Avoid wearing expensive jewelry.
- Do not carry a purse or wallet, if possible.
- Always carry your driver's license or identification along with necessary cash, checks and/or a credit card you expect to use.
- Even though you are rushed and thinking about a thousand things, stay alert to your surroundings.
- Avoid carrying large amounts of cash.
- Pay for purchases with a check or credit card when possible.
- Keep cash in your front pocket.
- Notify the credit card issuer immediately if your credit card is lost, stolen or misused.
- Keep a record of all of your credit card numbers in a safe place at home.
- Be extra careful if you do carry a wallet or purse. They are the prime targets of criminals in crowded shopping areas, transportation terminals, bus stops, on buses and other rapid transit.
- Avoid overloading yourself with packages. It is important to have clear visibility and freedom of motion to avoid mishaps.
- Beware of strangers approaching you for any reason. At this time of year, con-artists may try various methods of distracting you with the intention of taking your money or belongings.
Moist Pumpkin Cookies With Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 whole Egg
- 1 cup Pumpkin
- 2 cups Flour
- ½ teaspoon Pumpkin Spice
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- FROSTING INGREDIENTS:
- 8 ounce Cream Cheese
- ½ cup Butter, Room Temperature
- 4 cups Sifted Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
Mix sugar, butter and egg. Add pumpkin; mix well.
Sift dry ingredients. Add dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and beat well.
Using a small rounded cookie scoop, drop cookie dough onto baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for about 9 to 10 minutes.
With mixer cream together the cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
Add the powdered sugar, first mixing on low speed,
then increasing the speed to high. Beat until light and fluffy.
Blend in the vanilla. The icing should be smooth and spreadable. If it is too thick, add a wee bit of milk.
Spread on top of cooled pumpkin cookies. Enjoy!
|Remodeling innovations group|
3695 n 126th st unit e
brookfield, wi 53005