- 8th ANNUAL ECCS TEACHERS FAIR EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION for LAPCS and ECCS MEMBER SCHOOLS
The 8th Annual ECCS Charter School Teachers Fair will be held on Saturday, March 22 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Hynes Charter School, 990 Harrison Ave.
As sponsors of the event, LAPCS and ECCS member schools are being given the opportunity to register early to secure their table as space is limited.
If you are an LAPCS member, contact Melissa Carollo at email@example.com to get the registration link.
Early registration is open now for members and will end February 9th. Registration will be open for all Louisiana charter schools from February 10 - March 10, or until all tables are filled.
- COMMON CORE AND TESTING RESOURCES
The LDE has released a number of tools to help educators with providing quality instruction that is aligned with the Common Core standards. These include:
- Professional Development
- OUTSTANDING SCHOOL SUPPORT EMPLOYEE AWARDS NOMINATIONS
The Outstanding School Support Employee Awards Program provides an opportunity to honor an outstanding employee at the elementary, middle/junior high and high school levels who supports and provides leadership in the operation of non-instructional activities within the school year. The 2014 Outstanding School Support Employee Awards Program application is now available.
Please find the application here. The deadline to submit nominations is April 9, 2014. Please send any questions about the program to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use the attached Diploma Order Form to submit your diploma order for 2014 graduates and reissued high school diplomas. Order enough to cover midterm and summer graduates and printing errors; the LDE recommends at least a 10 percent overage. The Department will cover the costs for the initial order and distribution, but districts will be billed directly by State Printing for orders made after the March 3 deadline and throughout the school year.
Click here for Certificate for Achievement procedures.
**Type 5 charter schools should submit their form to Susan.Wetwiski@rsdla.net
Grant, Scholarship, and Fundraising Opportunities
- A MESSAGE FROM LEADING EDUCATORS
Attention Teacher-Leaders! Are you ready to drive student success in your school?
Final Deadline: March 31, 2014
Leading Educators is looking for the most effective teacher-leaders to join Cohort 2014 and be one of the next 35 Fellows. Do you want to take the next step in your career and maximize your impact on your team? Leading Educators is now accepting applications to join Cohort 2014! The Leading Educators Fellowship is a unique opportunity designed to support and develop teacher-leaders to drive student achievement in their current school roles. The Fellowship consists of high quality development experiences such as formal training sessions, personalized leadership coaching, problem solving communities, and action learning projects.
- Fellows become stronger middle-leaders who more effectively influence their teams to raise student achievement.
- The Fellowship connects you to a network of high-performing educators in the Greater New Orleans area. As part of the Leading Educators network, you collaborate and problem solve to overcome common challenges and find success as a middle leader.
- Experience our in-school, personalized leadership coaching, attend formal training sessions facilitated by nationally recognized innovators in education, participate in problem solving communities, attend our inspiring national school visits trip, and execute a leader impact project in your school.
- Earn the LA DOE Teacher-Leaders Certificate Endorsement and have the choice to earn a Master's Degree in Educational Leadership
We're excited to join the New Orleans community! As part of our ongoing commitment to the communities we serve, Costco is launching an easy-to-use fundraising program for your school.
Starting Saturday, Feb. 1, 2014, New Orleans schools can fundraise by selling Costco memberships. For each $55 Costco Membership Activation Certificate sold by your school, a $10 donation will be made to your school. Certificates are purchased online and are easily redeemed for memberships at the New Orleans Costco.
Here's how it works:
1. Visit www.costcofundraising.com and set up a fundraising page, goal and
2. Invite parents, faculty and friends of the school to join your fundraising team.
3. The team promotes the site to parents, faculty and friends, selling Costco
memberships to raise money. Every $55 Costco Membership Activation
Certificate sold results in a $10 donation. Watch your donations come in.
4. Thank your supporters.
Your school receives the funds quickly, pays nothing to participate and also can host multiple fundraisers: for example, one for a school field trip, another for new sports equipment and another for special programs. It's a simple and efficient way to fundraise. We hope this helps your school raise more money, faster.
State and National News
- Dream Teachers and the LDE Announce Teacher of the Year and Principal of the Year Semifinalists
Dream Teachers and the Louisiana Department of Education announced the 2015 Louisiana Teacher and Principal of the Year semifinalists. Fifteen teachers and fifteen principals were selected from among hundreds who were nominated by their respective schools to receive special recognition for their outstanding contributions to the education of Louisiana students, pre-K through high school.
These educators will be recognized at the
Eighth Annual Cecil J. Picard Educator Excellence Symposium and Celebration to be held July 12th in Baton Rouge. Both the Louisiana Teacher of the Year and the Louisiana Principal of the Year to be named at the symposium will travel to Washington, D.C. to compete at the national level.
Congratulations to all the semifinalists, but especially to our charter school finalists! We have two Principal of the Year semifinalists:
* Mary Laurie, L.B. Landry-O.P. Walker College and Career Preparatory High School
* Nicole Saulny, Esperanza Charter School