A Way Forward on Immigration Reform
It's been a very exciting and news worthy week on the immigration front. We wanted to bring you up to date with current information and summaries that you can reference. We're very excited about the bipartisan renewed interest and feel newly encouraged that we will see progress on the immigration reform front in the next several months.
Click here for a summary of the High Skilled Visa Bill. This is some very long-awaited good stuff. To touch on a few items:
Comprehensive Debate Kicks Off with Immigration Innovation Act of 2013
- Increases the H-1B cap to a floating cap between 115,000 and 300,000 depending upon market conditions
- Eliminates the Advanced Degree H-1B cap
- Provides employment authorization for H-4 spouses (yeah!)
- Reintroduces visa revalidation inside the US for E, H, L, O & P visa renewals
- Increases the immigrant visa quotas for the EB-2 and EB-3 categories
- Eliminates the EB-1 quotas
- Eliminates STEM quotas for master's or higher degrees
- Raises per country family category limit to 15%....and more
A group of 8 bipartisan senators have reached a deal on the outline of a comprehensive immigration overhaul, a development that is long overdue and will assist in framing the forthcoming immigration debate in Congress.
Immigration Compliance Group focuses its practice on corporate immigration, both nonimmigrant and immigrant, and employment eligibility compliance. Our talented team has a depth of experience in providing uniquely tailored services and solutions to assist our clients in accomplishing their immigration related objectives. For more information please visit www.immigrationcompliancegroup.com and www.I-9Audits.com, or call our office at 562 612.3996
Disclaimer: This newsletter does not constitute direct legal advice and is for informational purposes only. The information provided should never replace informed counsel when specific immigration-related guidance is needed. © Copyright 2007-2013 Immigration Compliance Group.
Back to Top