LEESVILLE, La.--In conjunction with Louisiana Economic Development and as a Louisiana Development Ready Community, the City of Leesville invites area small businesses to participate in the Louisiana Economic Gardening Strategic Frameworks Pilot Program.
The Economic Gardening Strategic Frameworks Pilot Program is being launched in partnership with Louisiana Economic Development, Louisiana Development Ready Communities, and the National Center for Economic Gardening. The program will provide eight weekly, one hour webinar training sessions covering the strategic frameworks used in Economic Gardening to analyze and address five classes of business problems (core strategy, market dynamics, innovation, team dynamics, and qualified sales leads).
The program will provide business owners with an understanding and awareness of strategic growth opportunities to help rapidly grow their business. The Economic Gardening Strategic Frameworks Pilot Program is intended to add value to our Louisiana Development Ready Community participants and Entrepreneurial Support Organizations. Your participation underscores the importance of small business development in your community.
Funding for the program will be provided by Louisiana Economic Development through the Small and Emerging Business Development Program.
Small businesses who qualify should meet the following criteria:
- annual revenue between $100,000 and $1,000,000
- minimum three full-time employees
- in business for at least three years
- businesses who sell products or services outside their region (not retail, local service, etc.) that have an intent and capacity to grow.
Identification of participating businesses will be completed by April 15, 2014. The initial webinar is tentatively expected to start April 25, 2014.
To register for the initial two hour webinar training and determine if the Louisiana Economic Gardening Strategic Frameworks Program fits your business needs, please follow the steps below:
1. Email David Bennett (David.Bennett@la.gov) at Louisiana Economic Development to register your business on or before April 15, 2014. Please provide the following information about your business:
- Business name
- Contact person
- Email address
- Phone number
- Referring organization
2. You will receive an email the week of April 21, 2014 that provides an introduction and call-in information to participate in the training.
3. The eight weekly, one hour webinar training sessions will begin on April 25, 2013 and continue through June 21, 2014.
For more information, contact David Bennett, LED Small Business Services, David.Bennett@la.gov, 225-342-5882.