"There are no second chances
to make a first impression."
Studies show that when people meet each other in person for the first time, it only takes seconds to form some lasting impressions.
This is also true online.
We suggest you take a hard look at how your tutor profile might be viewed by visitors.
TOP 10 FACTORS to create a favorable first impression:
- a narrative revealing a tutor's approach & personality
- a current availability calendar
- a head-shot photo with a smiling face
- a few powerful parent or student testimonials
- skills, experience and credentials that match a student's needs
- a clear explanation of fee, fee ranges and payment options or plans
- a recent resume posted to a tutor's profile
- timely responses to tutorial requests
- a profile with parent/student ratings & reviews
- a short, interesting video
|While some tutors are requested soon after they join Tutoring Match, many tutors have to wait. Many of these tutors hope some parent or student will select them even without a complete profile. Hope doesn't usually generate enough attention to attract potential clients on its own. |
Read what other tutors have said: Tutor Testimonials.
Tutors who have been successfully matched have... To update your tutor profile: sign in!