Last spring, we surveyed 100 tutors in an informal phone survey, collected their responses and decided to share how they responded.
In a effort to address the needs of our tutors and create a more dynamic website, we asked tutors a variety of questions related to their tutoring, advertising and experiences with Tutoring Match. Here is a sampling of the most common responses we received:
What do you like and/ or dislike about tutoring?
- "like working with students"
- "like the extra money"
- "like the freedom and flexibility"
- "like being paid directly"
- "like that it is just part-time and fits my schedule."
- "difficult to find a steady stream of students"
How do you advertise and self-market your services?
- "don't have time to promote myself"
- "can't afford ads"
- "parents I know refer students to me."
- "not sure how to get the word out there better than word of mouth"
How can Tutoring Match help you more?:
- "want more students & tutorials"
- "like being part of a bigger team"
- "don't want to be a paid member unless I have students"
- "want to be paid sooner
- like marketing tips and newsletters
- like having payment negotiation and collection taken care of for me
- not very familiar with online tutoring
As a response to this survey,
We invested $30,000 in Tutoring Match to provide you with
more ways to attract and find more students/tutorials:
|Click image to view site.|