Cascade to Crown Bicycle Ride
Have you ever wanted to ride your bike on the Historic Highway? Now is your chance to do. Ride from the beautiful community of Cascade Locks to the panoramic Crown Point & Vista House. This ride is fully supported with rest stops & mechanical support at Bonneville Dam, Herman Creek Rd/Hill, Multnomah Falls,and Portland Women's Forum. Four ride options are available in 2013:
- 62 mile - Challenge Plus or metric century
- 48 mile - Challenge or half-century
- 28 mile - Waterfalls
- 10 mile - Family friendly
Register to participate at: www.cascadetocrownride.com
The Historic Highway Hosts the 9th Annual Policymakers Ride
On August 2nd, a group of 150 policymakers and elected officials from the Gorge and Portland Metro region came together to ride along the Historic Highway and take a preview ride on the unfinished new State Trail. The ride began in Corbett and ended in Cascade Locks where participants boarded the Cascade Locks sternwheeler and discussed regional and local issues in greater detail.
The invitation-only ride was organized by Cycle Oregon and provides key decision makers with the opportunity to take an in-depth look at the regional bikeway and trail network.
Policymakers ride along the yet to be completed Historic Highway State Trail
Gresham Chamber of Commerce Works to Improve Bicycle Tourism
On July 1st, the Gresham Area Chamber of Commerce and Visitors Center launched a regional Bicycle Tourism Initiative. The two-year initiative focuses on enhancing the East Multnomah County region as a bicycle tourist destination. The project includes the cities of Gresham, Fairview, Wood Village, and Troutdale and extends east into the Columbia River Gorge to Cascade Locks.
The Bicycle Tourism Initiative engages a diverse coalition of communities, public agencies, nonprofit organizations and businesses in a collaboration that leverages resources to increase bicycle tourism in the East Multnomah County region.
Alison Hart, Gresham Chamber CEO on the Policymaker's Ride.
- The Gresham Area Chamber of Commerce in partnership with Travel Oregon will be hosting two Bicycle Tourism Studio Workshops in November.
- Gresham area, Wednesday, November 13th from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Gorge area workshop, Thursday, November 14th from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Chamber staff will present a project overview and update at the September 24th HCRH Advisory Committee Meeting in Cascade Locks.
- Corbett Focus Group, September, TBD.
For more information, contact Heidi Beierle, Bicycle Tourism Initiative Project Coordinator or visit the project website