Tata in North America Banner
February 28, 2013Issue 31
Tata Technologies Seeks More Than 100 Professionals; Holds Technical Careers Open House

On January 29, Tata Technologies held a Technical Careers Open House at the company's North American headquarters in Novi, Michigan. The company is seeking engineering, design, programming, consulting and account management professionals to fill more than 100 available positions before March 1. Approximately 30 percent of the positions are metro Detroit-based.


The Technical Careers Open House hosted 73 on-site applicants and a total of 125 resumes were collected during the three-hour event. Of the applicants, 30 were identified as qualified for specific open positions. These individuals will next undergo skills testing and a second round of formal interviewing. The company expects to put those hired from this round to work within the next 30 days.


The majority of the candidates interviewed (80%) were engineers or CAD designers. The remaining 20% were IT and sales professionals. Read more. 

Tata Technologies' Technical Careers Open House which took place on January 29,2013 at their North American headquarters in Novi, Michigan

Other News

Tata Global Beverages announces steady growth in revenues and significant increase in profits. Read more.


Red Hat awards TCS North America System Integrator Partner of the Year. Read more.


Andy Goss, President, Jaguar Land Rover North America, kicked off the 2013 Chicago Auto Show with a keynote address. Watch here.


Nokia selects TCS as global IT partner.  Read more.


TCS BaNCS to support BNP Paribas' custody operations in the US. Read more. 


Tata Communications further unites the world's video collaboration community by adding AT&T to its global telepresence network. Read more


Tata Communications brings 100G connectivity to carriers and enterprises across the US and Europe using Ciena's GeoMesh. Read more.


Tata Communications extends managed services offering to support mobile industry migration to 4G. Read more. 


Vivanta by Taj, a metropolitan marvel opens in Gurgaon - National Capital Region of New Delhi, India. Read more.

Jaguar Land Rover Opens Winter Testing Facility in Minnesota 

Jaguar Land Rover opened a new, world-class winter testing facility in International Falls, Minnesota, one of the coldest places in the continental US.
The extreme temperature is vital for real-world testing of Jaguar Land Rover's latest powertrains and climate control systems.


As Jaguar recently unveiled Instinctive All Wheel Drive™ technology for XF and XJ, it is also beneficial to have a winter testing facility in the U.S. to test these latest models. Read more.

Starbucks Continues India Expansion with Opening of New Delhi Flagship Store and New Roasting and Packaging Facility

Tata Starbucks, the 50:50 joint venture between Starbucks Coffee Company and Tata Global Beverages, launched the first Starbucks store in New Delhi. 

The company enters the Indian capital city with a beautiful, contemporary store design, exclusive food offerings and a specially designed, India-specific Starbucks Card.


Celebrating the heritage and history of the city, this flagship store is appropriately located at Hamilton House, Connaught Place. Read more.


Also in February, Starbucks Coffee Company and Tata Coffee inaugurated a roasting and packaging plant in Kushalnagar in Coorg, Karnataka. This world-class facility enables roasting and packaging of green coffee beans for Starbucks stores in India and over time, in select markets around the globe. Read more.


Follow the Tata group on