Mari Introduces Shane and Ruth
by Mari Davidson, Nutrition and Orphanage Assistance Associate Director
LWB sends high quality formula and rice cereal to orphanages throughout China, the results of which have been wonderful. The children have gained weight and muscle tone and are much healthier. We would like you to meet two of these children: Shane and Ruth.
Shane was very small and weak when he came to the orphanage last year. With the help of formula and rice cereal provided by LWB's Nutrition Program, he gained enough weight to have a first surgery to his lip this past March. He will soon have his second surgery. The nannies say he likes to roll on the floor. If you pretend to catch him, he laughs and rolls even more happily!
At less than a year old, Ruth is a happy baby, perhaps in part because she enjoys the benefits of good nutrition. After five months of formula and rice cereal, she has gained weight and her vision has improved. She likes to roll in her crib and loves to smile!
Thank you to our sponsors for providing the gift of nutrition to Shane, Ruth, and so many other children in need of extra nutritional support!
What a joy to see these lovely children join their forever families!
From left to right:
- Caleb Joseph, from the foster care program; Kaifeng SWI, Henan.
- Kylie Grace, from the medical, healing homes, nutrition and orphanage assistance programs; Shangrao SWI, Jiangxi.
- Luke, from the nutrition and orphanage assistance programs; Enmei SWI, Zhejiang.
- Lynli Grace, from the foster care, nutrition and orphanage assistance programs; Shantou SWI, Guangdong.
- Olivia Kate, from the nutrition and orphanage assistance programs; Luipanshui SWI, Guizhou.