Obedience Always Brings Blessing
Charles Stanley from Intouch Ministries shares in one of his sermons examples of people who were blessed when they obeyed God:
- Noah's obedience saved his family from the flood.
- Abraham's obedience resulted in his becoming the father of a chosen people, a great nation, Israel.
- Joshua won the battle of Jericho by following God's supernatural strategy.
- David refused to harm Saul, the anointed king.
- Jehoshaphat relied on God's word when the Ammonites attacked Judah.
- Peter obeyed Jesus' command to fish in the heat of the day.
- Paul followed God's will and took the Gospel to the Gentiles.
Abraham also shows us that we not only have to believe in God but we have to believe God. When we believe that God is the God who He says He is, then we can believe that He will do what He says He will do. Obedience to His word brings blessing.
Our Words Can Bless or Curse
Keeping connected with someone is so much quicker today than it has ever been. There are 92,ooo text messages sent every second. We can share our joys within seconds but we can share our disappointments within seconds also. The only thing that we cannot do is take back something we have sent by text or said in conversation. Our words have the power to build up or to tear down, to bless or curse. James 3:5 tells us that "the tongue is a little member and boasts great things. See how great a forest a little fire kindles." Our words have the power to destroy another. It only takes a moment in haste to bring destruction. Proverbs 12:18 tells us that words can be like a piercing sword that can affect our health. We may take too lightly the words we say in jest, anger, bitterness and unforgiveness. Do you remember something that was said many years ago and how it impacted your own life? If you find yourself living with regret and would like to work on these issues we at H2HCC can help you. Contact us at www.h2hcc.org.