Coalition Honors Retiring Board Members and Welcomes New Members
As the Coalition for the Homeless of Houston/Harris County wrapped up its fiscal year last week, it was time to say "thank you and goodbye" to five members of the Board of Directors who retired. Retiring board members were:
- Clara Cooper, 2010-2015 (President & CEO, Souper Bowl of Caring)
- Tory Gunsolley, 2013-2015 (President & CEO, Houston Housing Authority)
- Dennis Nelson, 2010-2015 (President, Mission Management Co.)
- Timothy Oettmeier, Treasurer, 2009-2015 (Executive Assistant Police Chief, Houston Police Department)
- Sharon Zachary, 2009-2015 (CEO, Alliance of Community Assistance Ministries)
As the Coalition says goodbye, it is also preparing to welcome new members for the 2015-2016 Fiscal Year:
- Bernadette Cardenas (Homeless and Foster Care Liaison, Houston Independent School District)
- R. Kent Grubbs (Retired)
- Bryce Kennard (Communications Manager, Comcast)
- Johnette Rosenbalm (Chief Operating Officer, TWC The Valve Company)
- LaRence B. Snowden (Assistant Dean, Barbara Jordan - Mickey Leland School of Public Affairs at Texas Southern University)
- S. Beth Tanner (CFO, Houston Food Bank)
We will miss our former board members greatly, but are excited to welcome our new board members and the leadership that they will bring to the Coalition!
The Proof is in the Numbers...
The next goal within our community is to end chronic homelessness by the end of this year. Between January 2012 and April 2015, our community has housed 2,479 chronically homeless individuals - well above our target rate! We are also making steady progress toward our goal of adding 2,500 new units of Permanent Supportive Housing (PSH) to our community's inventory.
Click the image below to view it in a larger size.
For more information on homelessness in Houston, Texas, and the U.S., ways we are working to prevent and end homelessness,
and how you can advocate and get involved, visit...
Latest Coalition News