Announcements from the Parkinson
Please join us in welcoming Chris Manske to our Board of Directors. Chris is a District Manager Vice President at US Bank. His business acumen and family connection to Parkinson's disease will be a tremendous asset to the Parkinson Association. Chris is a graduate of the University of Nebraska and frequently refers to himself as a Nebraska farm boy. We are grateful Chris is donating his time and talents to help the Colorado Parkinson's community.
Be sure to stop by the Parkinson Association tent at the Denver site Vitality Walk and say hello to Madison Holland, our new Programs Communication Director. Madison graduated from Colorado State University with a BA in Speech Communication. She served as a community liaison for the Colorado State Health Network. Most recently she has been the Social Media Manager/Producer/Editor for AXS TV. While Madison comes to us with excellent communication credentials, verbal, written and social media skills; she brings with her a keen understanding of what life with Parkinson's is all about. The first five years of her life Madison was raised by her grandmother who later in life developed Parkinson's disease. Please welcome Madison Holland.
Special Thanks to our Community
The Parkinson Association is extremely fortunate for all the support we receive from our community and we want to thank those who hosted community awareness and fundraising events and campaigns to benefit the Association in the past few months. We are also thankful to all of the members in our community who attended these events despite a very snowy April.
The following event's raised over $7,000!
- All-Out Multi-Sports Spring Fever 5K, 10K, Half Marathon on March 30
- bd's Mongolian Grill on April 17
- (Plan to host again this Summer!)
- Night at the Rockies on April 23
- (If you purchased tickets but didn't come to the game please contact the Parkinson Association for your hats - see photo above)
- Poker for Parkinson's on April 21
- (A fundraising event for Vitality Walk team Big Dogg)
- Spaghetti Western Event at Atria Inn at Lakewood on April 25
- Spaghetti Dinner & Auction at Heritage Club Aurora on May 1
- Zumbathon on May 4
- Team Easterly Colfax participant fundraising campaign on May 18-19
If you are interested in hosting a event, please call
Vitality Walk Important Reminders
- Online Registration: pre-registering for the event online will close at 11:59am on Saturday, June 1.
- Event-Day Registration: Participants can register on the day of the event for:
- $35/adult | $10/child (ages 5-14 yrs.) | FREE/child (ages 0-4 yrs.)
- Pledges/Donations: Online contribution will remain open during and for the month following the event. While it is possible to deliver donations on-site at registration it is highly recommended that you mail-in collected donations/pledges to the Parkinson Association office at any time.
- Please have checks made out to "Parkinson Association of the Rockies" and also note the team name in the memo line.
- Mail to: Parkinson Association of the Rockies
- 1325 S. Colorado Blvd., Ste. 204B, Denver, CO 80222
- Waiver: Every participant is required to sign a waiver. If you have not already signed online or on the printable version, forms will be available to sign at registration on the day-of.
- T-Shirts: As a reminder, there are no event t-shirts - but we will be continuing the tradition of recognizing the most spirited team and we look forward to seeing your creativity in your team "uniforms".
- Event-day Timeline: 8 am Registration | 9 am Walk Start
- Wash Park Denver site - There is a fair amount of construction taking place at Wash Park - please utilize the reserved parking at South High School (1700 East Louisiana Avenue Denver, CO 80210). Transportation will be provided to the start line area.
- Sandstone Ranch Longmont site - parking is available at the park adjacent to the E2 Shelter.
- Dogs: Dogs are welcome to participate at both event sites. Please make sure your dogs are leased and that you are prepared to clean-up after them.