TSA Tips for Summer Travel
With so many people getting ready to head to airports across the country, we thought it a good time to review the TSA Do's & Don'ts. Contrary to what many of you may think, it is not TSA's goal to make your life difficult. Know the rules and follow them and you can breeze through security. Let's talk about shoes for a moment. Did you know that persons with disabilities never need to remove their shoes? Just inform the agent that it is very difficult for you and they will hand screen your shoes. Persons 75 and over and 12 and under do not need to remove their shoes either.
Here is some information on frequently asked liquid, aerosol and gel items:
- Deodorant: Stick deodorant is not limited to 3.4 oz. or less, but gel or spray deodorant is.
- Powdered Toothpaste: This is fine in both checked and carry-on bags and does not apply to the 3-1-1 rules.
- Suntan & Sun Block Lotion: Lotions - both pump and aerosol - fall under the procedures that I mentioned above. Sun block sticks do not fall under this rule.
- Beverages: Wine, liquor, beer, and all of your favorite beverages are permitted in your checked baggage. You can also bring beverages packaged in 3.4 oz. or less bottles in your carry-on bags in the baggie.
- Gel Inserts for shoes are now permitted.
- Foods: Here is a list of items that should be placed in your checked bags or shipped: creamy dips and spreads (cheeses, peanut butter, dressings), jams, jellies, maple syrup, oils and vinegars, sauces and soups.
for a Summer Travel Checklist from TSA.
This is our continuous goal at Easy Access Travel so we want to introduce you to another product that can Make Travel Easier for you, our valued clients.
Bags VIP Luggage Delivery makes traveling with special needs easier. Their agents retrieve your luggage from baggage claim and deliver it directly to the destination of your choice. Perfect for wheelchair users, slow walkers, and persons with mobility disabilities. Bags VIP Luggage Delivery service can also benefit travelers with bad backs, heart conditions, low endurance and hidden disabilities.
Bags VIP is offering our clients, their friends and families a 10% discount on every order. Receive exclusive discount at www.maketraveleasier.com/easyaccesstravel
Taking a cruise???
Many of the major cruise lines have now partnered with Bags to provide Luggage Valet Service. For a low fee, Luggage Valet will take your bags from the port on day of disembarkation and you will not see them again until you arrive at your home airport! You will receive
Your cruise ship will provide information to you during the cruise regarding this service if offered. Easy Access Travel strongly endorses this service and encourages you to use it. It will Make Travel Easier. We Love It!!!
airline luggage tags and your Boarding Pass so you simply get off the ship, go to the airport and head directly to security. No more standing in line to check your bags.