Annual Meeting Notice
The 77th annual meeting of the members of the Chicago Patrolmen's Federal Credit Union will be held on September 25, 2015 at 5:00 pm. The meeting will be held at 1407 W. Washington Blvd, Chicago, IL 60607. In accordance with the bylaws of the credit union, the Board President has appointed a nominating committee that has nominated the following persons for three-year terms as members of the Chicago Patrolmen's Federal Credit Union Board of Directors:
- Penny (Ramos) O'Connor - Currently serving as a Director of the Board for 30 years. Ms.O'Connor retired after having served 30 years on the CPD.
- Jim O'Leary - Currently serving as a Director of the Board for 3 years. Mr. O'Leary retired after having served 31 years on the CPD.
- Ron Shogren - Currently serving as a Director of the Board for 12 years. Mr. Shogren retired after having served 32 years on the CPD.
The Board of Directors has adopted the following criteria, which each nominee had to meet in order to be selected by the nominating committee:
- Member in good standing for seven years (good standing is defined as never having caused a loss to the credit union)
- Service on a committee of the Board for at least one year
The Board has adopted these criteria and standards in order to ensure that it will continue to provide strong and dedicated leadership, serving the best interests of the credit union and its members.
Any member in good standing is also eligible to seek nomination as follows:
Nomination for vacancies may be made by petition signed by 290 CPFCU members in good standing. Each petition shall be accompanied by a signed certificate of the nominee stating that he/she is agreeable to nomination and will serve if elected to office. A brief statement of the nominee's following qualifications and biographical data must accompany the petition and signed certificate: number of years as a member of the credit union; number of years employed by the Chicago Police Department, if applicable; and whether the nominee is active or retired from the Chicago Police Department, if applicable.
In order to be a valid signature on the petition, the member's printed name, home address and last four digits of the member's social security number must accompany each signature. Any member who feels they possess the qualifications necessary to serve on the Board may obtain a petition at the credit union by contacting the Treasurer.
If there is only one nominee for each position to be filled, the election will not be conducted by ballot and there will be no nominations from the floor. Any nominating petitions must be submitted to the care of the Treasurer of the Board at 1407 W. Washington Blvd., Chicago, IL 60607 no later than 5:00 pm on Tuesday, August 11, 2015.