Greetings, and Happy New Year!
With the calendar turned to 2014, it's the perfect time to get a fresh start. This month, we're focusing on cleansing and detoxification.
Every day, we're exposed to high levels of toxins through food, water, air, and everyday products. These chemicals, pesticides, water contaminants, food preservatives, heavy metals and more make themselves at home in your bowel, liver, kidneys, lymphatic system, and especially in fat tissue. Yuck!
This toxic buildup stymies your body's normal ability to absorb and use nutrients, carbohydrates and proteins. This can create an acidic, septic, low-energy state, leaving you prone to diseases including allergies and sinus conditions, skin conditions, chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia, digestive problems, hormonal imbalances, weight gain, and much more.
It sounds scary, and worse, it's not a question of whether you've been exposed to toxins -- the question is how much impact they are having on your health. For your health and well-being, we recommend you follow a basic detoxification protocol and repeat it seasonally. January 2014 is a perfect time to get started, and we've given you all the basics you need to know below!
Want to learn more about detoxification? Schedule a consultation with Dr. Tang! Give Rejuvé a call today at 408-740-5320. Be sure to ask us about our popular liver detox products such as Core Restore or Pure Liver Cleanse.
To your health!
Step 1: Reduce Your Exposure to Toxins
The first step in cleansing is to reduce your exposure to toxins. Here are some simple, everyday steps you can take to avoid excessive exposure.
|Inhaled Toxins like smoke, gasoline, paint and glue, cleaning products, nail polish, and perfumes||
- Avoid exposure to secondhand smoke
- Stand away from the pump when you're gassing up your car
- Use natural cleaning products that utilize vinegar, lemon, baking soda, and other natural ingredients
|Toxins from food and drink including alcohol, water contaminants, fertilizers, dyes, pesticides, preservatives, chlorinated and brominated products, and heavy metals ||
- Pay attention to labels! If an ingredient doesn't sound like food, it probably isn't food.
- Avoid large fish that can contain high amounts of heavy metals. These include king mackerel, swordfish, tilefish, and sharks. Instead, opt for flounder, sardines, herring, and catfish. If you are concerned about heavy metals, you can also get a urine test to check your levels.
- Drink filtered, chlorine-free, reverse osmosis water.
- Choose certified organic fruits and vegetables.
- Limit alcohol consumption to less than 3 drinks each week.
|Petroleum-based preservatives in skin and hair care products||
- Even "organic" products may be preserved with toxins. Look for essential oil preservatives, such as orange oil and lemon oil.
- Use natural products to moisturize, such as organic shea butter or oils like coconut, jojoba, or olive oil.
|Electromagnetic fields (EMF) from cell phones, WiFi, cordless phones, air planes, and radiology ||
- Limit exposure by keeping cell phones, routers, electronic clocks, and computers at least 8 feet away (especially while you sleep)
Have questions about how to clean up your beauty routine? Want to be tested for heavy metals or other toxins? Call Rejuvé for an appointment today at 408-740-5320!
Step 2: Cleanse Your Body
The second step in cleansing is to enhance your body's ability to eliminate toxins through the bowel, liver, lymphatic system, kidney and skin. With this basic 4-week cleansing protocol, you can expect more regular bowel movements, more energy, less arthritic pain, and weight loss.
- Eat 8 different colors of vegetable per day -- think soups, salads, and roasted or stewed veggies. Again, organic is best. The more raw vegetables and crucifers you can eat, the better! See below for a list of recommended cleansing vegetables.
- Avoid meat, fish, eggs, and dairy, which will increase the burden on your intestines.
- Skip fried, charred, overcooked, microwaved, canned, and boxed foods -- fresh is best!
- Cut out acid-forming coffee, tea, and soda. Drink 60-70 ounces of pure water daily.
- Maintain a plate ratio for each meal of 50% vegetables (cooked or raw), 25% complex carbohydrates, and 25% lean protein. Your lean protein can be meat or fish, or you can go with plant proteins like rice, lentil, or hemp.
Best cleansing vegetables, from alfalfa to zucchini!
Olives (no more than 5-6 per day)
Spring Mix Lettuce
You can also have chick peas, legumes, and lentils -- up to 3/4 cup combined with 2 cups of cooked veggies.
Want to know what supplements can help aid in detoxification? Call Rejuvé today at 408-740-5320 and make an appointment to come see Dr. Tang.
Boost Your Cleansing Power
Want to enhance your results? While you're doing your cleanse, take PureClease Liver. With a combination of vitamins such as folic acid, N-Acetyl Cysteine, B12, B6, and alpha lipoic acid, plus botanicals including artichoke, milk thistle, and water crest, PureCleanse Liver boosts the cleansing process. Its active ingredients remove toxins from your organs and fatty tissue, packing the most powerful punch found in one supplement. It's an easy way to help your liver do its job, and get a clean start to 2014.
Contact Rejuvé today at 408-740-5320 to learn more! And be sure to check out the coupon at the bottom of this newsletter for special savings on PureCleanse Liver.
|Rejuvé Anti-Aging Laser Spa|
Rejuvé was featured on NBC, "The Best of the Bay" August 19, 2007