Lake of the Ozarks is a Family Fun Center
LAKE OF THE OZARKS, MO - Let Central Missouri's Lake of the Ozarks serve as your vacation headquarters this year and you'll discover an exciting, family-oriented destination where children and parents can enjoy making lifelong memories together.
The Lake area has your family amusement plans covered with arcades, mini golf, go-karts, water parks, laser tag, parasailing and the best fishing spots, all within minutes of one another. Here are just a few of the fun spots and attractions for fun-seeking families who travel at the Lake:
- Miner Mike's and Buster's Adventure Town is a 35,000 square foot arcade wonderland of rides, games and food. Miner Mike's features bumper cars, a two-story high Ferris wheel, an indoor roller coaster, and a large indoor playground area with a maze, a ball pit and slides. Buster's has over a million dollars worth of the latest video games, ticket games and high-tech simulators, as well as an Old West-themed restaurant featuring a variety of appetizers, Angus burgers and pizza. For more information about Miner Mike's and Buster's Adventure Town, call 1-800-317-2126.
- The Lake of the Ozarks boasts two water parks for families that love the thrill of splashing around, indoors or out. Big Surf Waterpark (954 State Road Y) in Linn Creek is an outdoor park that features Zambezi Falls (a four-story waterslide), The Rapids (a white-water slide), the Space Bowl (a slide into a 30-foot bowl), Challenge Flumes, a lazy river, Wave Pool, sand pits and Splash Island - a special play area designed for kids age 6 and younger. Big Surf is open from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day weekend. For more information about Big Surf, call 573-346-6111. For aquatic fun indoors, try Timber Falls Waterpark at Tan-Tar-A Resort in Osage Beach. This water park is famous for the Ozark Wilderness Treehouse, a woodland themed play area complete with water blasters and a six-foot-wide bucket that spills out over 600 gallons of water each minute. Timber Falls also has over 600 feet of slides, a lazy river, a 21-seat whirlpool and an activity pool with basketball and other games. Timber Falls is open on weekends now and is open daily starting March 11. For ticket information, call 573-302-5024.
- Lazer Force Lazer Tag Zone (5473 Osage Beach Pkwy. in Osage Beach) lets the whole family step into a live sci-fi role-playing game complete with laser pistols, fog, flashing lights, cover spots and heart-pounding action music. As many as 24 players can join in this game of tag played with laser lights. Everyone plays the whole game and a detailed scoreboard and scorecard tells you who you tagged, who tagged you and how well you and your team did. It's just like paintball but without the paint. To find out more about Lazer Force, call 573-348-2222.
- With over 1,150 miles of shoreline, the Lake of the Ozarks is a family fishing paradise. Whether you fish from the dock, cast a line from a boat or just want to try your luck from the shore, you'll find an ideal fishing spot at the Lake. And when you find that perfect place to cast, you'll reel in a variety of fish, too. Depending on the time of year and the weather, you'll find species of bass, crappie, striper, paddlefish, catfish, drum, muskie and walleye at the Lake. Another fun and family-friendly option is to hire a local Coast Guard certified fishing guide - they know the best fishing spots and they can teach the kids how to bait a hook, how to fish and teach them about boating safety. Learn more about fishing at the Lake by calling 800-FUN-LAKE (386-5253) or visit the Lake of the Ozarks Convention and Visitor Bureau online at FunLake.com.
- Family fun is free at the Lake area's two state parks - Lake of the Ozarks State Park and Ha Ha Tonka State Park. Lake of the Ozarks State Park has over 17,441 acres and is the largest state park in Missouri. The park has 13 diverse trails, including two horseback riding trails. Families can bring their own horses or can rent them from the Ozark Homestead Riding Stables inside the park. Lake of the Ozarks State Park also has two sandy beach swimming areas, fishing, opportunities for various water sports, two marinas and tours of Ozark Caverns. Ha Ha Tonka State Park's 3,709 acres houses the ruins of an early 20th century "castle," 14 trails, eight caves, a 500-foot wide sinkhole, a 60-foot long natural bridge and a glade and woodland area with over 400 species of plants and animals. Both parks also have much more to offer, including interpretive programs during the summer months featuring a wide variety of nature topics. For more on these state parks, visit MoStateParks.com.
- Mini golf is a sure-fire hole-in-one at the Lake of the Ozarks with the Putt 'n Stuff Family Fun Center in Osage Beach and Sugar Creek Mini Golf in Lake Ozark. Putt 'n Stuff has 36 holes of mini golf with caves, waterfalls and rapid rivers. Putt 'n Stuff also has bumper cars and go-karts. To find out more about pricing and season schedules, call 573-348-2127. Sugar Creek has two 18-hole mini golf courses set in a woodland park, complete with natural creeks, waterwheels, mills and waterfalls. Call Sugar Creek Mini Golf at 573-365-2226 for more details about pricing and seasonal schedules.
There's much more for a fun-seeking family to do at the Lake, so you'll definitely want to reserve lodging at an area resort, hotel, motel, condominium, bed and breakfast, RV park or campground. For a full list of these properties or for more entertainment ideas, visit FunLake.com or call the Lake of the Ozarks Convention & Visitor Bureau at 800-FUN-LAKE (386-5253).
The spring season is loaded with fun fairs, festivals and events at the Lake of the Ozarks. For more information about spring getaway packages, lodging, dining, shopping, events and attractions throughout the Lake area, contact the Lake of the Ozarks Convention & Visitor Bureau at 800-FUN-LAKE (386-5253) or visit the Bureau's website, FunLake.com.
MARCH 8 & 9
LIVERPOOL LEGENDS CONCERTFor the fifth straight year, the world-famous Beatles tribute band, the Liverpool Legends, will appear at the Main Street Music Hall in Osage Beach. The Liverpool Legends will perform their memorable show each evening (March 8-9) at 8 p.m. The band will take their audience on a journey through the Beatles' entire career, as well as the music catalogues of individual Beatles members. Tickets are available from the Lake of the Ozarks Convention & Visitor Bureau. Premium seats are $30 for adults and children; regular reserved seating is $25 for adults and $20 for children. The venue will sell out quickly, so it's recommended that music fans call to get tickets early. For more information, call 800-FUN-LAKE (386-5253) or visit the Lake of the Ozarks Convention & Visitor Bureau's website, FunLake.com.
MARCH 23 & 24
BUDDY BASS TOURNAMENT
Fishermen interested in participating in the Buddy Bass Tournament on March 23 and 24 at Alhonna Resort (677 Outer Dr. on land or the 8 Mile Marker on the Lake of the Ozarks) should register now to qualify for an early entry fee. The entry fee is $100 per each two-person team. An additional $10 fee can be paid to participate in the Big Bass Pot for the largest bass caught. This two-day tournament includes a hot breakfast and a 100 percent payout of entry fees. The tournament starts at 7 a.m. each day. Weigh-in times are at 4 p.m. on Saturday and 2 p.m. on Sunday. For more information about tournament registration and lodging, call 573-365-2634 or visit Alhonna.com.
GREAT LAKE OF THE OZARKS GOSPEL SING
The Great Lake of the Ozarks Gospel Sing commemorates its 15th year with seven nationally-recognized American Gospel music acts, April 4-6, at The Landing on Main Street in Osage Beach. Triumphant Quartet, Union Street, The Booth Brothers, Higher Power Quartet, The Ball Brothers, The Lesters and the Mark Trammell Quartet all are scheduled to perform at this year's event. The concerts start at 7 p.m. on Thursday, April 4, and Friday, April 5. Two performances are scheduled for Saturday: one at 1 p.m. and an evening finale at 7 p.m. Reserved seat ticket packages range from $65 to $80 for all concerts. All other tickets are general admission and are $20 in advance or $22 at the door. Children 11 and under are admitted free when accompanied by a paying adult. For more information on the Great Lake of the Ozarks Gospel Sing, including available money-saving lodging packages, visit GreatLakeoftheOzarksGospelSing.com, call 888-285-7464 or email email@example.com.
The Dogwood Festival returns for its 63rd annual celebration of Missouri's state tree, the Flowering Dogwood, on April 18-21. This fun festival features food, rides, and entertainment for the entire family. Visitors can enjoy a carnival, live music, arts, crafts, beauty pageants, a hog roast, a fish fry, a parade, garage sales, a shoebox float contest for kids, a golf tournament, a 5K fun run and much more. For more information about the Dogwood Festival, call the Camdenton Area Chamber of Commerce at 573-346-2227. For a full schedule of events, entry forms or details, visit the festival's website at
BIG BASS BASH
A $150,000 payout awaits amateur anglers to the Lake of the Ozarks on April 20-21 for the Spring Big Bass Bash, sponsored by the Anglers in Action Tournament Trail. First place in the Big Bass competition earns $40,000, second place nets a cool $20,000 and third place wins $10,000. Two-day entry fees are $165 per person and one-day entry fees are $115 per person. The Kids Division registration is $10 per day. If you register before the Early-Bird Entry Deadline of April 8, you're entered to win one of 10 $500 prizes. To find out more about this tournament, including complete registration information and rules, visit BigBassBash.com or call 866-515-0102.
The Magic Dragon Street Nationals celebrates its silver anniversary this year on May 3-4 at the Bagnell Dam Strip in Lake Ozark. The 25th Annual Magic Dragon Street Meet Nationals, a nationally known celebration of automotive excellence, is an open-class car show featuring all makes, models and years of cars, trucks and motorcycles that attracts thousands to the Lake area each year. The Magic Dragon Street Meet's other attraction, the Generation NEXT Magic Dragon (located at the Prewitt's Point Shopping Center in Osage Beach) is a car display geared specifically to the next generation of car enthusiasts, showcasing tuner cars (featuring Scion and other imports) and other highly customized foreign and domestic rides. Each Magic Dragon location features vendor villages, music, DJs and plenty of family fun. Admission is free to all ages. For more information on this event, call 800-451-4117 or visit the Magic Dragon website at MagicDragonCarShow.com.
MAGIC DRAGON STREET MEET NATIONALS
# # #
The spring season is full of exciting travel stories at the Lake of the Ozarks! For more information, media assistance or high-resolution photography, please call The Beenders-Walker Group toll-free at 800-544-8474 or email Marjorie, Jo, Gene or Kyle.
LAKE OF THE OZARKS TRI-COUNTY LODGING ASSOCIATION & CONVENTION AND VISITOR BUREAU
Phone: 800-FUN-LAKE (386-5253) Fax: 573-348-4292
P.O. Box 1498 Osage Beach, MO 65065
Website: www.FunLake.com Email: Info@FunLake.com