A new year brings new faces
The new school year brings several new faculty and staff members to campus. Read more
New, healthier dining options
Sweet Briar Dining Services is proud to introduce ARAMARK's Healthy for Life program this fall. Healthy for Life is a comprehensive health and wellness platform that will be an integral part of the dining program on campus. It focuses on providing "better-for-you" choices wherever you choose to dine on campus. Some of the Healthy for Life features you will see include the new Wellness Center at the entrance to Prothro, "Get the Good Stuff" at the Houston Bistro, new Boar's Head deli sandwiches at Daisy's Café, as well as access to nutritional information on ARAMARK's mobile app and CampusDish website.
Convocation marks 108th academic year
Sweet Briar's 2013-2014 Opening Convocation began with a moment of silence to honor the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington and Dr. Martin Luther King's "I Have a Dream" speech. Read more
Sweet Briar exploring new collaboration with Hollins
With the support of a grant from The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation, Sweet Briar College and Hollins University are exploring the possibility of collaboration between two of the nation's leading women's colleges
All around campus
- Sept. 9 - College Success Series: Know Your Learning Style
- Sept. 23 - Step Singing
- Sept. 27-28 - Founders' Day Weekend
See more on the Student Involvement Calendar
. In the Arts
- Sept. 10 - Music Concert featuring Lise Keiter and David Sariti, 7:30 p.m., Memorial Chapel
- Sept. 13 - Babcock Season Event: An Evening on Broadway with Ron Raines and Don Pippin, 7:30 p.m., Murchison Lane Auditorium
- Sept. 26 - Opening Reception for Carry Me Ohio: Recent Photographs by Matt Eich, 5 p.m., Babcock Gallery
Visit the Featured Events Calendar
for more events and ticket information. Fitness and Athletics
- Sept. 3 - Cybex and Cardio (beg./inter.), noon, cardio/weight room, register
- Sept. 4 - Free Weight Stations (inter./adv.), 4:30 p.m., cardio/weight room, register
- Sept. 5 - Free Weight Stations (inter./adv.), noon, cardio/weight room, register
Sept. 7 - Tennis tournament, 9 a.m.
Sept. 14 - Field hockey vs. Notre Dame (Md.), 3 p.m.
- Sept. 18 - Soccer vs. Emory & Henry, 4:30 p.m.
- All month - NIA with President Parker on Mondays and Thursdays (free/non-credit), 5:30 p.m., fencing room, register
Please remember that everyone is required to register at the front desk of the FAC and present a valid SBC ID before attending fitness classes or using the gym.
Check out vixenathletics.com
for a full calendar and the most up-to-date information.
- Sept. 3 - Overload forms and proposals for directed, special and independent studies due to the registrar
- Sept. 4 - Last day to add a semester course and declare potential credit
- Sept. 11 - Last day to drop a first-quarter course or semester course
- Sept. 25 - Last day to declare a P/CR/NC grading option
Visit the online academic calendar for important dates throughout the year.