U.S. 113th Congress:
Congress will meet Monday, Feb 10, through Wednesday, Feb 12, then recess and resume
on Tuesday, February 25. For an ongoing outline of legislation that has been passed or is
being considered, refer to:
House of Representatives
The House calendar for the week of February 10 is posted at: http://www.majorityleader.gov/Floor/weekly.html. Bills that are scheduled for a vote this week are listed below with hotlinks to their content and status:
1) H.R. 2431 "The National Integrated Drought Information Systems Reauthorization Act of 2013" (Sponsored by Rep. Ralph Hall / Science, Space, and Technology Committee)
2) H.Res. 447 "Supporting the democratic and European aspirations of the people of Ukraine and their right to choose their own future free of intimidation and fear, as amended" (Sponsored by Rep. Eliot Engel / Foreign Affairs Committee)
3) H.R. 3578 "To ensure that any new or revised requirement providing for the screening, testing, or treatment of an airman or an air traffic controller for a sleep disorder is adopted pursuant to a rulemaking proceeding, and for other purposes" (Sponsored by Rep. Frank LoBiondo / Transportation and Infrastructure Committee)
4) H.R. 3448 "Small Cap Liquidity Reform Act of 2013, as amended" (Sponsored by Rep. Sean Duffy / Financial Services Committee)
5) H.R. 3193 "Consumer Financial Protection and Soundness Improvement Act of 2013, Rules Committee Print" (Subject to a Rule) (Sponsored by Rep. Sean Duffy / Financial Services Committee)
6) Possible Consideration of Legislation Related to the Debt Limit
7) Committee Activity: Financial Services Committee hearing on "Monetary Policy and the State of the Economy" (link)
Text and Status of BILLS that were considered during the week of January 13 (links)
1) H.R. 801 "Holding Company Registration Threshold Equalization Act of 2013" No action. In committee.
2) H.R. 2274 "The Small Business Mergers, Acquisitions, Sales, and Brokerage Simplification Act," as amended. Passed as amended 422 to 0. Referred to the Senate.
3) H.R. 2860 "OPM IG Act" (i.e. To amend title 5, United States Code, to provide that the Inspector General of the Office of Personnel Management may use amounts in the revolving fund of the Office to fund audits, investigations, and oversight activities, and for other purposes). Passed the House 418 to 0. Referred to the Senate and passed by unanimous consent. Referred to the President.
4) H.R. 1233"The Presidential and Federal Records Act Amendments of 2013." Passed the House as amended 420 to 0. Referred to the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs.
5) H.R. 3362 "Exchange Information Disclosure Act." Considers bills H.R. 2279, H.R. 3362, and H.R. 3811. Passed the House 259 to 154. Referred to Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions.
Text and Status of Other Bills that Recently Passed the House (links)
1) H.R. 7 "No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion and Abortion Insurance Full Disclosure Act of 2014" passed 227 to 188 on Jan 28. Referred to the Senate Committee on Finance.
2) S 1901 to extend "Support for United States-Republic of Korea Civil Nuclear Cooperation Act " passed Senate without amendment by Unanimous Consent on Jan 27. Passed the House without objection on Jan 28. Sent to the President.
3) H.R. 1791 "To amend the Homeland Security Act of 2002 to codify authority under existing grant guidance authorizing use of Urban Area Security Initiative and State Homeland Security Grant Program funding for enhancing medical preparedness, medical surge capacity, and mass prophylaxis (disease prevention) capabilities." Passed as amended: 391 to 2. Referred to Senate HLS committee.
4) H.R. 357 "To amend title 38, U.S. Code, to require courses of education provided by public institutions of higher education that are approved for purposes of the educational assistance programs administered by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to charge veterans tuition and fees at the in-State tuition rate." Passed the House 390 to 0. Referred to the Senate Committee on Veterans Affairs.
5) H.R. 3590 "To protect and enhance opportunities for recreational hunting, fishing, and shooting, and for other purposes." Passed the House 268 to 154. Referred to the Senate.
For daily postings of 2014 House activities, please visit: http://clerk.house.gov/floorsummary/floor.aspx?day=20140109.
The Senate's Executive Calendar contains a list of 2014 executive resolutions, treaties, and nominations reported out of Senate committees and awaiting Senate floor action. Details can be found at: http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/executive_calendar/xcalv.pdf
Since January 9, 2014, 157 unique nominations have been submitted and await consideration for appointments to U.S. government agencies, corporations, foundations and banks. The nominations can be found in the link above and will be listed for the PCRW's February 18 meeting.
Text and Status of Bills considered during the first week in January (links)
S.B. 1845 "Unemployment Insurance." A vote of 55 - 43 is being reconsidered by Senator Reid.
Sample Republican Party Ballot (Candidates and 6 Propositions)
For Dallas County