* Value of Physical Therapy
* Pre-Surgery Rehabiliation
* Guidelines for Pre-Surgery Rehab
Pre/Post Operative Rehab
Ergonomics and body mechanics
for a map and directions to our office
See what our patients are saying about us:
Tell your friends about Jordan Physical Therapy
Our mission here at JPTC is to provide every service we can to help you maintain and improve your total body health. For this reason, we are distributors of Standard Process products, which are of the highest quality.
Gotu Kola Complex
- promotes healthy skin and connective tissue
- support the body's normal tissue repair process
- promote normal development of connective and epithelial tissue, particularly during times of increased physical stress, e.g., athletic performance
- promote healthy blood vessels
- support stomach and duodenal tissue
- provide antioxidant protection
- promote the body's natural tissue drainage process
Jordan Physical Therapy provides Nutritional Assessments, Nutritional Response Testing, and Nutritional Education as an additional service for patients
- postural stretching
- self joint mobilization
- myofascial release
Foam Roller available at Jordan Physical Therapy Center for $21
to view other products available
Welcome to Jordan Physical Therapy Center's online newsletter. We look forward to informing patients, physicians, and friends on the latest updates, articles, and news.
Value of Physical Therapy
American Physical Therapy Association recently came out with an article on the value of physical therapy and how a physical therapist can help you. This is an excerpt from the article:
"Physical therapists are experts in restoring and improving motion, in many cases helping prevent surgery or the need for long-term use of prescription pain medication. Because of their understanding pre-existing conditions, physical therapists focus on the vital skills necessary to overcome an injury, secondary condition, or disability. They can help transition you from rehabilitation to a lifetime of physical activity and wellness, thereby empowering you to greatly improve your quality of life."
Many people believe physical therapy is only for post-surgery rehabilitation, but in reality, physical therapy can be an
and valuable asset prior to surgery.
Pre-surgery rehabilitation is important in:
Guidelines for Pre-Surgery Rehab
A physical therapist will evaluate a patient's current strength and function to determine realistic goals and outcomes. They will give you home exercises and tools to obtain the best results post-surgery.
- Start the program at least 6 weeks prior to surgery for optimal results
- Start slowly -- old saying is true: it is marathon not a sprint -- not a time to aggravate an existing injury
- If you are on a current exercise program, maintain your physical condition as long as it does not interfere with current injury
Bobbie McKinnon came to Jordan PT Center in October 2013 after failing to progress through 7 visits at a local hospital's physical therapy clinic. Bobbie came to us for help after fracturing her proximal humerus (broken shoulder) and was frustrated, had moderate to severe pain, and could not drive. As a real estate agent serving the Coachella Valley, she could not safely drive herself let alone clients. Bobbie's initial visit revealed moderate to severe loss of range of motion with pain and significant weakness in her affected shoulder and arm. Physical thearpy consisted of manual range of motion and strengthening, therapeutic exercises, soft tissue massage, and modalities to help alleviate pain. Today, 3 months later, Bobbie has recovered at least 80% of her range of motion and is getting stronger every week. She has returned to work and driving herself as well as her clients around town!
"Now that I've been here, I would never consider going anywhere else." ---Bobbie McKinnon, Windermere Real Estate
| We value and appreciate your business.