Upcoming Meetings and Events
- We had the oppotunity to extend our services and new offerings to the New Iberia Downtown Business Association at their monthly meeting last Tuesday. We look forward to a good partnership with initiatives that will drive traffic to Iberia Parish and downtown New Iberia.
- We will be promoting our tourism partners and Iberia Parish on May 9 at the Atchafalaya Welcome Center for National Tourism Week. We invite you to come to the welcome center at I-10 Exit 121 in Butte La Rose to see interactive exhibits and travel information on the entire state.
- Lt. Governor Jay Dardenne spoke about attracting visitors and retirees to Louisiana at the New Iberia Rotary Club luncheon last Wednesday. See the article here.
- Do you want to write a book on the history of New Iberia? Arcadia Publishing will finance the entire publication and pay royalties to the author, which makes it a great fundraiser for organizations. Contact Jason Humphrey, Acquisitions Editor, 843-853-2070 X191, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Come pick up The Bayou Teche's Experience new rack cards. The company offers kayak and bike rentals, as well as guided and self-guided tours of Cajun Country's bayous, swamps and lakes with equipment and shuttle service. Follow them on Facebook.
The Louisiana Office of Tourism budget impacts Iberia Parish
! We encourage all tourism stakeholders to follow this link
and send a pre-drafted letter to members of the Louisiana House Appropriations Committee asking them to support tourism during the upcoming legislative session
. This is a campaign of the Louisiana Travel Promotion Association and the Louisiana Association of Convention & Visitors Bureaus.
Attention restaurant owners!
If you are serving crawfish, your business should be listed on these three Louisiana crawfish websites/apps
Reserve your ad space in the Fall 2013 edition of the Louisiana Schools Field Trip Guide
produced by the Birmingham News
. The guide will be mailed directly to evey 3rd through 8th grade classroom teacher in Louisiana
. It will provide more than 15,000 teachers with a valuable resource for locating exciting and educational field trip destinations, while offering worthwhile organizations a unique way to promote themselves and reach potential visitors. Advertising rates for the guide include design and full color printing. The IPCVB advertised in the guide's spring edition. Contact our office
for more information.
- Are you in the wedding business? The June/July issue of Acadiana Profile will feature weddings and destinations. Click here to request a media kit.
|Iberia in the Media
- Check out our ad in the April issue of Country Roads (p.77). The magazine also listed most of our April events (p. 16-38) and writer Anne Butler mentionned Avery Island's Rookery in her article on South Louisiana's wild hikes and drives (p.55).
- SugaSheaux was featured in TourLouisiana.com's newsletter.