IPCVB partnered with the The LA Office of Tourism to host a
familiarization tour for representatives from Air Canada and leading tour companies from Ontario and Quebec. Air Canada offers daily direct flights from Toronto to New Orleans.
- We will be promoting our tourism partners and Iberia Parish on May 9 at the Atchafalaya Welcome Center for National Tourism Week. We invite you to come to the welcome center at I-10 Exit 121 in Butte La Rose to see interactive exhibits and travel information on the entire state.
- Do you want to write a book on the history of New Iberia? Arcadia Publishing will finance the entire publication and pay royalties to the author, which makes it a great fundraiser for organizations. Contact Jason Humphrey, Acquisitions Editor, 843-853-2070 X191, email@example.com
- Come pick up The Bayou Teche's Experience new rack cards. The company offers kayak and bike rentals, as well as guided and self-guided tours of Cajun Country's bayous, swamps and lakes with equipment and shuttle service. Follow them on Facebook.
- IPAL will hold the following activities for Iberia's youth:
- Disney's The Little Mermaid, Jr., directed by Travis Guillory. Children 10-18 can audition Saturday, May 18 from 2 - 5 p.m. or Sunday, May 19 from 2 - 5 p.m. at the Essanee Theater, 126 Iberia St. in New Iberia. Auditioners must come prepared with a one-minute song (it can be from The Little Mermaid, but that is not encouraged). Singing to a karaoke track on a CD or singing acapella is appropriate. There will be no pianist available for auditions. Parent/adult volunteers are also highly encouraged to stop by to fill out a volunteer sheet. There are 7 principal characters (2 female, 4 male, 1 either), 11 supporting roles (7 female, 2 male, 2 either), and a chorus of merfolk, sea creatures, sailors and chefs. Main character and soloist rehearsals will begin May 27 and regular rehearsals will begin June 3 from 2 - 5 p.m. and will run Monday through Thursday. Not all cast members will need to be present for every rehearsal. Performances are scheduled July 18-28, Thursday through Sunday. There will be a $75 "production fee" for all those cast in the show. If you have any questions, e-mail Travis at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at (337) 789-9362. See the event page on facebook.
- The Youth Summer Workshop for ages 6 - 9 in the last week of June. Directors are high school students Anne Caffery and Blythe Bull, who have both been involved in IPAL since they were 5. With theme of The Little Mermaid, attendees will learn basic acting skills, singing techniques, and choreography. A small "concert type" performance will be given for parents on the last day. The cost of the workshop is $100 to include t-shirt and snacks. Registration will be available online in late April.
The Louisiana Office of Tourism budget impacts Iberia Parish
! We encourage all tourism stakeholders to follow this link
and send a pre-drafted letter to members of the Louisiana House Appropriations Committee asking them to support tourism during the upcoming legislative session
. This is a campaign of the Louisiana Travel Promotion Association and the Louisiana Association of Convention & Visitors Bureaus.
Attention restaurant owners!
If you are serving crawfish, your business should be listed on these three Louisiana crawfish websites/apps
Reserve your ad space in the Fall 2013 edition of the Louisiana Schools Field Trip Guide
produced by the Birmingham News
. The guide will be mailed directly to evey 3rd through 8th grade classroom teacher in Louisiana
. It will provide more than 15,000 teachers with a valuable resource for locating exciting and educational field trip destinations, while offering worthwhile organizations a unique way to promote themselves and reach potential visitors. Advertising rates for the guide include design and full color printing. The IPCVB advertised in the guide's spring edition. Contact our office
for more information.
- Are you in the wedding business? The June/July issue of Acadiana Profile will feature weddings and destinations. Click here to request a media kit.
|Iberia in the Media
- Pick up your complimentary copy of Acadiana Profile's April/May edition. Check out our co-op ad (p. 9) and the article on Landry's of New Iberia (p. 44). Our local events also appear on p. 70-71.
- Iberia's Preservation Alliance was featured in US Aiways Magazine's April edition (p. 132).
On the Web
- Connect with the Cajun Hot Sauce Festival's planners on Facebook.
- It's birding time! This Country Roads article on the great egret mentions Edward A. McIlhenny. See the egrets at Jungle Gardens Bird City on Avery Island and Rip's Rookery on Jefferson Island.