|Friend of the Little Miami State Park
It's time to join or renew your membership to Friends of the Little Miami State Park for 2014!
Did you know:
- We've divided the 50-mile trail into 20 segments and have a Segment Adopter for all but one of those segments
- In addition to the 20 Segment Adopters, over 190 regular volunteers work on the trail
- We're also the beneficiary of volunteers from corporations (e.g. GE, LexisNexis), church groups, school groups, etc.
- Three tool caches provide volunteers with needed equipment and supplies
- Four chainsaw crews handle larger trees and limbs
- Our TrailMail newsletter goes out each month to 1,243 people
- We now provide several rented port-o-lets year round, so facilities are no more than 10 miles apart
We've just completed a very successful Recreational Trails Program (RTP) grant campaign. In just 18 days last October, 211 people pledged over $37,000 in order to qualify for the 4:1 matching $150,000 federal grant. On April 4th, we reached our target of $37,000 in pledge-matching donations.
A contractor has been hired, and work will soon begin on several sections of trail, resurfacing the neediest areas. Work is scheduled to be completed by June 15. You'll also be seeing our volunteers working this summer to fill the smaller cracks.
In addition to long-term capital improvements, the Friends also take on the expense of maintaining this 50-mile long "driveway." Although all the Friends serve as volunteers, we still need funds for tools and tool repair, fuel, safety vests and equipment, magnetic vehicle signs, traffic counters, insurance, port-o-lets, office equipment and supplies, and marketing materials.
As a non-profit, all-volunteer organization, we rely on community support to continue our work. We have multiple sources of revenue--donations, memberships, trailside pipe safes, Kroger Community Rewards, EarthShare, and grants--but our primary sources of recurring revenue are Donations and Memberships.
Can we count on you? Joining or renewing your membership for the 2014 season is only $20 for an individual, $35 for a family, and easier than ever! You can do it all online via credit card or PayPal. Just click here:
Finally, excuse us if we brag a bit. Recently Ohio State Parks wrote of us:
"From the outset, the Friends of Little Miami State Park has been one of our most highly effective volunteer groups with the vision and ambition to get things done. We appreciate your outstanding work on immediate needs, such as resurfacing the trail bridges and cleaning up storm debris, not to mention the ongoing trail maintenance and fundraising projects that you accomplish. Congratulations on your recent recreational trails grant award, and thank you for sharing your time and resources to help us protect and improve this unique asset."
We couldn't do it without you! Thank you.
If you have any questions, concerns, or comments, please click here to share them.
Friends of the Little Miami State Park