How to Find Hidden Rows and Columns
Summary: When you want to print certain rows/columns of data you are most likely to hide the other rows/columns. However, when you want to unhide cells in hidden rows/columns, it can be a challenge to locate them. Here is the solution:
The solution is to select all visible cells in the worksheet. You can then easily detect the hidden rows/columns, as they will be highlighted in white. To select the visible cells on the worksheet.
- On the Home tab, in the Editing group, select Find & Select.
- Select Go To Special.
- Under Select, click Visible cells only.
- Click OK.
All visible cells are selected and the borders of rows and columns that are adjacent to hidden rows and columns are marked with a white border.
Note: Clicking anywhere on the worksheet will cancel the selection of the visible cells. If the hidden cells that you want to unhide are outside of the visible worksheet area, use the scroll bars to move through the document until the hidden rows and colum
ns that contain those cells are visible.
|Highlighting Blocks of Text Using Shading
Summary: There are times when you would like to highlight a paragraph in your document. Here is how to do this:
You can do this with Word's shading tool. To add shading to a paragraph involves the following steps:
- Click and place your insertion point in the paragraph that you want to shade.
- Click on the Home tab of the ribbon.
- In the Paragraph group, click on the down-arrow to the right of the Shading tool. (This tool looks like a tilted paint bucket, spilling paint to the right.) Word then displays a shading palette.
- Hover over a color and your paragraph will be shaded with that color.
- When you find a color that you like, click on the color and your paragraph will be shaded.