If you are anything like us here at the winery, you are getting back into the post-holiday groove and have settled into 2014. The vines are getting their yearly pruning as we all await the start of spring, still (hopefully) a month+ away. We've seen some beautiful sunrises the last few days as wintry weather, and our trademark tule fog, finally finds its way to Clarksburg.
The Bogle Family & Staff
2014 PORT WEEKEND
February 8th & 9th
Sixteen Years and Counting...
It is hard to believe we have been celebrating chocolate and Petite Sirah Port here at the winery for 16 years! But this annual event is a fave of both staff and guests! Please join us for the fun...
Click here for a flyer with all the details!
At a Glance:
- Sat. February 8th - Sun. February 9th
- $10 general admission/$5 BBW member
- Reservations not required
- Wine tasting, including a barrel sample of our newest Port about to be bottled
- Live Music!
- Cheeses & fruit to partner with the Port
- Food available for purchase
A HUGE "THANK YOU"
from The Bogle Family
At the annual Unified Wine & Grape Symposium, Bogle Vineyards & Winery was recently the recipient of a great honor: 2013 Winery of the Year!
Bestowed by Gomberg, Fredrikson & Associates, the award is a direct testament to all of you out there who love Bogle wines and seek them out. Says Jon Fredrikson "Bogle has been this incredible success story. They're great quality wines that have a consumer 'pull-through.' The consumers already want them."
So THANK YOU to all of you out there who have purchased our wines, enjoyed them and shared them with others. This award is result of your loyalty and support!
Save the Dates!! Check out this year's Bogle events
to attend...it's gonna be great!
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
February 8-9 PORT WEEKEND See above!
March 15 BARREL ROOM DINNER
June 14 BOGLE BASH BBQ
June 20-Aug 29 FRIDAY ALFRESCO
August 23 PAELLA PARTY
FOR CLUB MEMBERS ONLY
April (tbd) CHEESE & WINE PAIRING SEMINAR
July 19 BLEND EXPERIENCE
Watch for dates for our Member's Only PickUp PARTIES!
Need a decadent dessert to enjoy with your Petite Sirah Port and your Valentine? Try this simple and delicious indulgence!
2/3 cup bittersweet chocolate, chopped coarsely
1-3/4 cup cold heavy cream
2 T. sugar
3 large egg whites*
Raspberries or strawberries, for garnish
Whipped cream, for garnish
*I like to use pasteurized egg whites from the store since you do not cook the eggs in this recipe - just add a bit of lemon juice or cream of tartar to aid in the process.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or using the microwave on low heat. Stir well and set aside.
- In a metal bowl placed in the freezer for 15 minutes, beat the cream with a mixer until soft peaks form. Set aside at room temperature.
- In a separate bowl, use a mixer to whip the egg whites to soft peaks. Add the sugar gradually and continue whipping until firm.
- Using a whisk, fold the chocolate into the egg whites carefully. When the whites are nearly completely incorporated, fold in the whipped cream. Cover and refrigerate for about an hour, or until set.
- Serve in glass bowls with a dollop of whipped cream, a few raspberries or strawberries set on top and of course, the Bogle Petite Sirah Port.
Click Here to go to our Bogle Family Kitchen for
printer friendly versions!