BANDWAGON BULLETIN BOARD
2010 Reserve Barbera
2010 Orange Muscat
If you have not picked up your November selection yet, plan a trip down to Clarksburg soon! Wines will be held until January 2nd!!
TASTING ROOM HOURS
Thursday, Nov. 22nd
OPEN Black Friday!!
Friday, Dec. 21st @ 1pm
Monday, Dec. 24th
Tuesday, Dec. 25th
Wednesday, Dec. 26th
Tuesday, Jan. 1st
A quick reminder: we know many of you bring your families out to enjoy the winery, but please remember, children should be supervised at all times. Thank you!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS from the Bogle Family and Staff! In the spirit of the season, we are going to be quick with this newsletter! We know that time is short...and we want you all to spend as much time celebrating with your family and friends as you can! We sincerely hope you have a wonderful, wonderful holiday.
The Bogle Family & Staff
LIBRARY RELEASE PARTY
Friday, December 7th 5:30-8:30pm
Ever wonder what's been hanging out in our cellar? Now is your chance to find out! Come to our Library Release Party to actually sample older vintages, library selections and exclusive reserves we've kept tucked away all these years. This is the perfect chance to get in some holiday shopping...come check out our
- reserve selection wines for sale!
- gift baskets, pre-made and made-to-order!
- multi-vintage verticals in gorgeous wood boxes!
- wide assortment of specialty food items!
- fun new Bogle wearables: hoodies, puffy vests, trucker hats and more...
- a variety of gift items sure to please even the hardest person to buy for!
Tickets are $10 per person ($5 per BBW member)
No reservations necessary!
2011 Blanc De Blancs,Clarksburg
Celebrate this holiday season with bubbles! From our River Ranch in Clarksburg, this sparking wine is crafted in the traditional "methode champenoise" where the still wine is fermented in the bottle, to allow for those bright, delicate bubbles and crisp fruit flavors. Cheers!!
2010 Reserve Barbera, El Dorado County
Bright forward fruits of plum, cranberry and red currant burst from the entry, with hints of toasted clove and earthy leather rounding out the finish. To keep the style traditional, Bogle winemakers aged the wine in new French oak barrels for 10 months, further softening the smooth and elegant tannins.
Available: Both wines are currently only available at our tasting room in Clarksburg!
FOR YOUR CALENDAR...
It's BACK...we've missed you, BEST OF SACRAMENTO!!
Come join the fun and try your luck on 12/12/12!!!
Wednesday, December 12th 6pm-10:30pm
The Best of Sacramento Party -- March of Dimes
Thunder Valley Casino Resort
Mulled Bogle Wine and
We love the smell of wine mulling on the stovetop with holiday spices and cooking baking in the oven! These two recipes are an easy and delicious way to get into the holiday spirit!!
Mulled Bogle Wine
1 bottle Bogle, such as Cabernet, Barbera or Merlot
4 cups apple cider
1/3 cup honey
3 cinnamon sticks
1 orange, zested and juiced
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan and heat over medium heat.
- Allow to simmer for 30 minutes, or until your house smells glorious!
- Pour into mugs and garnish with a cinnamon stick. Enjoy...
6 cups all-purpose flour
6 T. baking powder
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground clove
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ground allspice
1 T. ginger
5 T. butter, softened
3/4 cup honey
1 3/4 cups sugar
2 lemons, juiced w/ zest of 1
Zest of 1 orange
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, spices and pinch of salt together in a large bowl.
- In a small saucepan, combine the butter, honey, sugar, lemon juice and both zests. Cook over medium heat until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves. Let cool to room temp then add in the eggs.
- Use a fork to combine the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients. When the flour has been mostly incorporated, turn out to a floured work surface and knead gently until the mixture is smooth. (If the dough is sticky, add a touch more flour.)
- Chill the dough for 1 hour, or overnight.
- When ready, roll out using a rolling pin and roll to an even thickness about 1/4" thick. Cut into shapes, gingerbread men of course, and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cookies cool on pan for 2-3 minutes, then remove to a cooling rack until you are ready to decorate!
- Have fun creating your holiday memories with frosting, candy embellishments and other goodies.
- Savor the holidays, one cookie and glass of wine at a time!
Click Here to go to our Bogle Family Kitchen!