Leader Appreciation Day is April 22
National Volunteer Appreciation Week is April 21-27
Girl Scout Leader Appreciation Day is a day of appreciation for adult volunteers in Girl Scouting held on April 22 every year. Girl Scouts is an outstanding organization because of our exceptional volunteers making a difference every day. Join us in celebrating and saying thank you to these amazing individuals!
We encourage girls and their parents to take time to say thank you. Here are 10 easy ways, and we can guarantee your kind gesture will mean so much!
- Smile and just say thanks
- Send an electronic card with a special note - Download a card now
- Deliver a card with a bouquet of daisies or gift from the GS SHOP
- Display a thank you sign / banner on their lawn or front door
- Create a special hand-made gift and have all girls deliver
- Take your leader or other volunteer out for a special dinner
- To honor the time they give, decorate a terracotta pot and plant thyme
- Wrap an empty cookie box and fill with special notes from girls and parents
- Organize a special outing to have the leader relax - spa, museum, movies
- Give a mug full of chocolate hugs and kisses
Take photos of your appreciation efforts and post on our Facebook Page
. We want to celebrate with you!!
| ||Summer Camp is Almost Here!|
| Although the weather hasn't reminded us that summer is just around the corner, the calendar certainly has. Did you know our first camp session begins in about six weeks? There are great opportunities this summer with Mother/Daughter and resident camp. Go swimming and canoeing at Camp Oakledge or horseback riding and splashing around in the sprayground at Camp Daisy!
All girls registered by May 10 for resident camp at Oakledge or Daisy will receive a special edition cinch sack when they arrive at camp for their session.
| ||Start Planning Summer Fun for the Whole Family!|
|With our awesome community partners, we are excited to offer some great opportunities for troops and families this spring and summer! We hope you will take advantage of one or more of these offers:
The Royals have started at on a HOT STREAK. Bring your family or troop to the K and cheer the Royals on as they take on the Chicago White Sox.
Join hundreds of Girl Scouts as we take over Worlds and Oceans of Fun!
Enjoy the fun at Community America Ballpark as the T-Bones go for a win and then stay and camp out in the outfield.
Take part in the 1st Annual Girl Scout Night at Phil Welch Stadium!
Sing along with Ariel and friends and of course hundreds of your GS sisters!
| ||Early Bird Registration is Now Open|
Early Bird registration is now open for the 2014 membership year! Re-register your daughter before June 15, 2013 and she will receive a free patch this fall.
Visit our website or talk with your troop leader for more information.