|Are You an Auto Auction Amateur?|
If so, fear not! We've put together a list of Do's and Don'ts for anyone new to auto-auctioning, so read up before stopping by Seibert's Auto Auction the first Monday of every month.
- Have a photo ID and $100 cash to register for the auction.
- Arrive at 9 AM to give yourself time to inspect each vehicle to make sure it meets your needs. The auction begins promptly at 10 AM.
- Decide on a budget before going to a car auction. Remember, vehicles must be paid in full by 5 PM the day after the auction, so don't set your sights higher than you're willing (or able) to go!
- Go to a few auctions before actively participating - this will help you get a feel for the actions of bidders and prevent you from entering a bid you can't act on.
- Be honest with yourself; do not purchase a vehicle that you cannot make repairs to yourself or if there is any doubt the repair can be completed at an affordable price.
- Be sure to factor in any extra fees that may be attached to winning bids, such as buyer's fees, title and registration fees.
- Auctions can be fun and exciting, and bargains can be found for the informed and cautious buyer.