|Residence hall closing information for winter break|
|If your student lives on campus in a residence hall, make sure they are aware of the closing procedures. All residence halls will be closed for winter break and no residents will be allowed back in the residence halls until January 11, 2013.|
Residence halls close: December 13 at 5 pm
- Students should take all valuables, medication, or other belongings they might need during the break. Leave all other non-necessities in the room.
- Residents returning for the spring semester must complete the "Fall Checkout List" and post it on their room suite door. This checklist tells them everything they need to complete before leaving for winter break.
- Failure to follow proper check-out procedure may result in check-out fines.
Residence halls open: January 11 at 8 am. All residents must check into their rooms and with their RA by 5 pm on January 13.
|Considerations for apartment living|
|Is your student currently thinking about moving off-campus or out of the house into his or her own apartment next year? If so, winter break may be the perfect time to begin discussing this transition. There are many elements to consider when making a housing change: |
- How much can your student afford?
- Does your student want to live with roommates? If so, how much is each roommate willing to pay?
- Does your student want a furnished or unfurnished apartment?
- If unfurnished, how will each roommate contribute to furniture, decorations, etc.?
- How will your student commute to campus?
- Are all roommates equally committed to the rental agreement? Remember that when you sign a lease, you are legally responsible to fulfill the requirements.
|The Parent & Family Center wishes you and your family a healthy and happy holiday season!|