- Wednesday, Nov. 19 - Parent Volunteer Diversity Awareness Mtng 12:05pm
- Thursday, Nov. 20 - Parent Workshop: Google Apps 8:30-9:30am in the auditorium
- Tues., Dec. 2 to Sat., Dec. 6 - Shop Beat Street and 10% of your purchase goes to the Sears School Benefit
- Monday, Dec. 8 - FAN Event; 7pm Evanston HS Details
All parents of Sears School students and Kenilworth community members are invited to the 1st "Parent Workshop: An Introduction to GoogleApps".
Date: Thursday, November 20th, 2014
Time: 8:30 am to 9:30 am
Where: The Joseph Sears School, Auditorium
What will be covered:
- Basics of GoogleApps for Education
- Review the perks of using GoogleApps
- Discuss how Kenilworth SD is implementing GoogleApps
- Go through some "How-tos" to get started using GoogleApps
All are encouraged to bring their own device (a laptop or a tablet). There will be a limited number of devices to use that will be given out on a first come, first served basis. If you are interested in attending, please CLICK HERE to complete the sign-up form (created using one of GoogleApps free tools, GoogleForms). If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to let us know. We hope to see you there!
Beyond Green will no longer be a Sears Cafe vendor after Tuesday, November 25. Marla's Brown Bag will now be the only vendor following the Thanksgiving break. Ordering for Marla's can be placed until Thursday at 8am the week prior. Click here for more information and to order lunches.
Lost and Found
Please come in to school to look for your child's missing items. Our Lost and Found was organized prior to conferences...AND lost things were found-yeah!
Please come before December 17th to claim lost items. Any unclaimed items in Lost and Found will be donated to Northwestern Settlement House and Family Promise of Evanston if not claimed by December 19th.
Beat Street Shopping Supports the Benefit
December 2 through December 6 shop at Beat Street toy and gift store on Park Avenue in Kenilworth and 10% of your purchase will go to the PVA Benefit.
It's a win/win! Beat Street has goodies for kids of ALL AGES. Get some holiday shopping done and contribute to your children's enrichment opportunities!
Store hours: Tuesday-Saturday 11am - 5:30pm
Tell the cashier when checking out you are buying for Sears School Benefit.
The JSSPVA Needs Volunteers
Consider signing up to help for a Winter or Spring event sponsored by the JSSPVA. Many events are still to come and the Committee Chairs are in need of volunteers. There are big and small jobs for every interest. Volunteer Sign-up Form
JSSPVA Subcommittee Spotlight
The Environmental Subcommittee sponsors events that encourage and promote environmental awareness of everyday activities, and they continuously look for opportunities to be more environmentally conscious. Future considerations include a year-end school supply recycling drive and a spring beach clean-up in conjunction with the Great Lakes Alliance. This year's co-chairs are Antje Boeing and Cathy Bell.
Did you know the environmental subcommittee is responsible for the following?
- Walk and Bike to School Week: This event takes place during the first week of October. This year over 85% of students participated every day!
- Earth Week: During this week in April, students are encouraged to act in an environmentally conscious way. This year there will be a raffle for waste-free lunches, and students can make pledges of how they can protect the environment. The pledge "dots" will be displayed in school for all to see.
- Lunchroom Recycling
Collaboration with Planet Panther (the Junior High environmental club)