Understanding Peer Services in NYS
Peer services have been offered for some time in NYS, and are now an important aspect of Home and Community-Based Services.
How familiar are you with this important work?
What tasks are performed by peer specialists, and what outcomes do they help to accomplish?
CPI is pleased to announce the availability of two Knowledge Builder modules that focus on peer services.
Featuring Celia Brown of the NYS Office of Mental Health and Carlton Whitmore of NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, these videos focus on:
- Understanding what peer specialists do and the settings in which they work
- Recognizing the benefits of involving peer specialists
- Summarizing how behavioral health organizations utilize peer specialists
- Recognizing the importance of providing supervision to peer specialists
- Recognizing the supports for peer specialists in NYS
- Understanding the peer certification process in NYS
These important resources are available on CPI's website (Consumer tab) as well as in CPI's learning management system.
To access these modules in CPI's learning management system:
- Click here to log into https://rfmh.csod.com/
- Enter your username and password (if you have forgotten your password, please click the "forgot password" link on the login page)
- Click on the "Knowledge Builder" tab
- Click on "Start a new online training"
- Click on "Introduction to peer services in NYS (Peer services in NYS - part 1), and when completed
- Click on "Peer services in NYS (Peer services in NYS - part 2)