We see the headlines often, linking violence and mental illness.
It's a complicated situation.
However, violence risk screening and assessment is recommended as a routine component of clinical practice.
Working with forensic experts, CPI is developing three modules, the Violence Risk Management series, which address this most important topic.
The first module,Violence Risk Management Series, Part 1: Violence risk screening
, is now available in CPI's learning management system.
The objectives of this module are:
- Identify the purpose of violence risk screening
- List key topics to be covered with a violence risk screening
- Recognize when violence risk screening should lead to an assessment
You can access this module through CPI's learning management system.
To view this module:
- Log into the Learning Community using your username and password at: https://rfmh.csod.com/client/rfmh/default.aspx
- Under "Other online training", click "Violence Risk Management Series, Part 1: Violence risk screening"
- Click "Launch"
Later this year, two additional modules will become available:
- Violence Risk Management Series, Part 2: Violence risk assessment
- Violence Risk Management Series, Part 3: Violence risk management and treatment