| Our Vision: Ignite Passion. Inspire Excellence. Imagine Possibilities.|
D41 EDUCATOR OF THE YEAR
Congratulations to Hadley Junior High School science teacher Dina Sbarra, the District 41 Educator of the Year. Ms. Sbarra was honored Saturday, March 8 at the Chamber of Commerce/Village Fair Community Awards Breakfast along with the Educators of the Year for districts 87 and 89, as well as other community award winners. In accepting the award, Ms. Sbarra said how honored she was, how much she loved her work and how greatly she appreciated the opportunity to make a difference for students. She also thanked the district and Board of Education for their strong support of education. Ms. Sbarra was selected from among a field of outstanding educators within District 41 who were nominated by their peers. Here are just a few of the things her peers had to say about her:
- She is an enthusiastic, passionate teacher and a leader among her colleagues.
- She collaborates with others and mentors new teachers.
- She embodies the District 41 Vision and serves as a beacon for her colleagues.
- Through her, students can imagine the possibilities that success will bring.
- She never gives up on her students no matter what it takes.
- She deserves to be recognized for her contributions to Hadley, District 41 and the whole community.
"I'm grateful to have this opportunity to showcase one of our dedicated teachers, and we in District 41 are delighted to share our pride in Dina with the community," said Superintendent Dr. Paul Gordon. Ms. Sbarra is pictured along with Hadley Principal Steve Diveley, who introduced her at the breakfast.