Application of the Month:
A very large pizza manufacturer elects to switch from side seal to lap seal and relies on Conflex to make it happen.
The reasons for the switch:
- Side Seal Downtime: Don't get us wrong...we make side seal equipment too. But side seal systems require significant maintenance and downtime.
- Film Savings: 25% less film on the package...everyone knows that the majority of the cost of shrink wrapping is in the film.
A high end pizza manufacturer was facing the need to automatically wrap their product while eliminating the costly downtime associated with their side seal systems. The Conflex Stainless Steel Evolution Lap Seal Wrapper proved to be an excellent solution. Conflex integrated custom conveying solutions and an automatic pizza circle inserter to completely automate the process.
Conflex made the system flexible...it will be running between 30 gauge and 45 gauge polyolefin shrink film. The system is recipe based to make setup easy and quick when changing pizza sizes. Lap seal equipment has a reputation for being difficult because of the forming plow, but the Conflex plows are a quick change design that requires no more time than a side seal wrapper. The customer opted for a dual roll film carriage that will also minimize the downtime associated with roll changes - not only are they running 2 times the amount of film per roll with the flat (single wound) film, but they have 2 rolls on the wrapper!
Things to watch for in the video...
- Fully customized multi-zone infeed integrated to adjust speed with the product flow.
- Automated pizza circle inserter.
- All systems working in sync with each other under the wrappers command.
- Automatic Speed Referencing to run the entire line at the rate of product flow = smooth uptime.
Watch the process below...
Click here for the action.