SAVE THE DATE for our
4th Annual Wish Upon A Star Gala,
Friday, April 25, 2014
Join us for a night of dinner, dancing, 50/50 Raffles and much more, and help us help the pediatric cancer patients and families that need us. Keep checking our website for updates....
Inspiration and Motivation for those touched by cancer
7 Ways To Help Others
Martin Luther King Jr. once said: "Life's most persistent and urgent question is: what are you doing to help others?" and "The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands in times of challenge and controversy."
In the spirit of making the world a better place AND standing up for family and friends going through challenging times, here are 7 easy ways to help pediatric cancer patients and their families.
- Donate money online at www.lexiebeanfoundation.org
- Donate the gift of your time. Contact our volunteer coordinator, Jen Shanahan, at email@example.com to find out how you can help
- Help create cards to send to one of our kids. Whether it's a hand-drawn card with a smiley face or an artistic masterpiece with poetry worthy of Shakespeare, it's sure to make our kids feel loved and remembered
- Offer to drive a pediatric patient's siblings to after-school activities or invite them over for a home-cooked "dinner and movie" night
- Leave a bottle of wine, basket of fruit, or gift card for dinner and a handwritten note to a family in need and let them know you're thinking of them
- Drop off groceries or a covered dish to help exhausted parents
- Run for us! We're always looking for "fresh legs" to participate in events for our Lexie's Legs running team. Whether you want to run or sponsor one of our other runners, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Lexie's Legs Team".
We need YOU to volunteer
Do you need hours for religious service? Do you want to help others? Want to get involved, but you're pressed for time or just not sure how? Here are some easy ways to help:
- Donate your credit card reward points to purchase gift cards that help our families
- Help us create care baskets or do administrative tasks
- Organize events
- Come to an event and lend a helping hand
Contact our Volunteer Coordinator at: email@example.com for more information on how you can get involved.
Lynbrook Runners Stop
They help you find fantastic runner's shoes at the best prices, along with free shipping, deep discounts on popular and discontinued models, and more.
>>Run On Over
Four Food Studio & Cocktail Salon
With exquisite food and extravagant flair, FOUR is a great place to socialize with friends, family and business associates. Drop by to enjoy a spectacular meal.
Mark David Real Estate
Whether it's buying, selling, or renting a property, their techno-savvy, highly trained, and motivated agents make it their business to satisfy you.
>>Meet the Agents
Located in the heart of Great Neck's shopping district and a stone's throw from Manhasset's Miracle Mile, Mario's offers delicious food, personalized service and unsurpassed service.
>>Check it Out
Allied Roof Repairs
Founded over 15 years ago, Allied offers quality home improvements with specialties in roofing, siding and windows. Fully licensed & insured in Nassau & Suffolk counties!
Vision 2 Market
Get one-of-a-kind branding, logos, graphics, advertisements, web sites, marketing strategies and more with this results-driven marketing company.
Find equipment, apparel, shoes and more at this store that scores a hole in one every time!
>>Check it Out
to go to our website and see a list of all of our corporate sponsors.
Tanner's mom, Melissa, writes a very moving blog called "Notes from a Mom-cologist" on the Love, Lexie blog. Check it out!
>>Notes from a Mom-cologist
Our newsletter writer, Maria Schulz, has a NEW book out: Tales From a Hungry Life: A Memoir with Recipes. Take a look at the awesome cover - created by our newsletter designer, Grace Maher.
Tales From A Hungry Life: A Memoir with Recipes is a collection of funny, nostalgic, and touching stories about a not-so-typical 1970s American family from Queens. Italian and Puerto Rican, they were the Sopranos with a Spanish twist, a lot less money and only their own blood on their hands. Tales From A Hungry Life: A Memoir With Recipes will make you
feel like you're in the thick of things when you meet the six sons, one daughter, two exhausted parents, relatives, and friends that lived, loved and ate like there was no tomorrow!
It's available on Amazon.com in a Kindle edition; the print e
dition will be coming out in March 2014. Don't have a Kindle? Go to Amazon.com
where you can download a FREE Kindle app.
Between the funny stories and the delicious recipes, it's a great read. Please check it out!
|Hello friends! With the New Year already in full swing and|
Martin Luther King Jr.'s words, "...what have you done for others?" on our minds, we at The Lexiebean Foundation just wanted to let you know about all the wonderful things that we have happening here.
First off, our Holiday Party at Cohen Children's Medical Center was a great success! On January 8th, we had a party-and over 150 people attended! These kids and their families enjoyed:
- Visits with Santa
- Clowns, facepainters, cotton candy, glitter tattoos and characters (Snow White, Elmo, Mickey Mouse) by Kuddles the Clown
- Yankee Gabby Martinez signing balls/greeting kids
- Video games, pop-a-shot, foos-ball, and air hockey by Creative Games, Inc.
- Catering by Gregg of Mario's Pizzeria in Great Neck
- DJ entertainment by DJ Koz
- Chocolates by Paula's Creations
- Raffles and prizes
- Arts and crafts
- Endless snacks
- Goody bags
- And gifts for every child in attendance!
As the saying goes, "a good time was had by all." Our warmest thanks go out to all of our friends and supporters who donated toys for our party-goers, and who made this event a success once again.
In other news, we're thrilled to tell you that Carle Place High School hosts an annual "battle of the classes" which raises funds for a worthy charity. This year, they chose us as their fundraising recipients. This event will be held in February and we just wanted to say "thank you" to them for choosing The Lexiebean Foundation!
Want to make the world a better place? Read Lexie's Corner and discover 7 Ways to Help Others. Plus, learn some of the ways that people have gone above and beyond for us in Tanner's High Fives. Plus: don't forget to join us on April 25th, 2014 at our 4th Annual Gala! Check out the sidebar or on our website for more details.
All our best,
Your Friends at The Lexiebean Foundation
Tanner's High Fives
Whenever our young friend Tanner thought people did something really awesome, he'd give them a high five. So, in his memory, we'd like to give Tanner's High Fives to some truly amazing people who have helped us help the kids and families who need us.
- Thank you, Crystin Giersberg, for donating hats/gloves for our Holiday party's goody bags
- A big thank you to everyone who donated toys for gifts, snacks, water bottles and juice
- Of course, thanks to our wonderful Lexiebean Volunteers who donated their time, love and energy to help with the party
- Kudos to Vikki Maglio of Vikki M Photography, for the beautiful photographs that she took at this event (and at every other event too)