What's Coming Up....
HOLIDAY TOY DRIVE
December 28th, 2013
We will be collecting toys at The Lexiebean Foundation offices at 46 Werman Court in Plainview, NY for our holiday party on January 8, 2014. We need YOU to donate new, unwrapped toys that we will use as holiday gifts for pediatric cancer patients and their siblings. We especially need iTunes, Target & Amazon Gift Cards for the teen kids! We also still need donations of pre-packaged snacks, bottled water/juice and other goods to be handed out at the party. Please drop by with your donation-we'll be so grateful!
SAVE THE DATE!
Fourth Annual Wish Upon a Star Gala
Friday, April 25, 2014
Leonard's of Great Neck
7:30 pm to 11:30 pm
Join us for a night filled with the best people on earth--our supporters! You'll enjoy dinner, dancing, cocktails, raffles and more--and help us raise money for The Lexiebean Foundation.
Check back at our website often for more news and events!
Inspiration and Motivation for those touched by cancer
9 Ways to Help a Family Who Needs You This Holiday Season
While we celebrate Christmas, it's important to give as well as receive. So in that spirit, here are 9 easy ways that you can give a little sunshine and happiness to children with cancer and their families. You'll be glad you did!
- Donate money online at www.lexiebeanfoundation.org
- Drop off new, unwrapped toys, games, and iTunes gift cards at the Lexiebean office on December 28th for the holiday party at Cohen Children's Medical Center, on January 8, 2014.
- Donate pre-packaged snacks, bottled water/juice and other goods that will be handed out at the party.
- Challenge your kids to create something that they can sell-refrigerator art masterpieces that they can auction off to relatives, cookies they can sell to your book club, or friendship bracelets they can easily make and sell to friends. Whether they donate $1, $10 or more, we will be happy to accept any amount and put it to good use.
- Ask your child's teacher to have her students create special cards that they can send to one of our kids. Whether it's a hand-drawn card from little kids or a computer generated card from a technology class, nothing makes a child feel happier than a letter of encouragement
- Do a Christmas Book Swap with your child and their friends. For under $10, your child can pick out a book or magazine (Diary of a Wimpy Kid for a younger child, animal magazines or superhero comic books, or a book from the Twilight series for older kids) and write a note of encouragement inside. Then wrap them up and deliver them to the pediatric ward.
- Bake an extra batch of Holiday cookies and deliver them to your favorite patient. The smiles alone will make it worth it.
- Invite a sibling to join your family as you put up the tree, go ice skating, or watch your favorite holiday movies.
- Put together a special gift basket for the parents of a sick child. A bottle of wine, fresh fruit, and gift cards for a massage, manicure, or to their favorite stores would be so appreciated.
Join Our Team
Our running team participates in various races throughout the year and we are currently looking for a few "fresh legs" to join us. If you love to run AND want to be a part of a truly worthwhile cause, please contact our Running Coordinator, Donna Greenstein for more information at: firstname.lastname@example.org and put "Lexie's Legs Team" in the subject line of your email. Thanks!
Our Lexie's Legs runners are already looking to train for their next opportunity to raise money for the foundation! To show your support, please go to our website and "adopt" a Lexie's Legs runner that you can sponsor.
>>Run to our Website
Lynbrook Runners Stop
They help you find fantastic runner's shoes at the best prices, along with free shipping, deep discounts on popular and discontinued models, and more.
>>Run On Over
Four Food Studio & Cocktail Salon
With exquisite food and extravagant flair, FOUR is a great place to socialize with friends, family and business associates. Drop by to enjoy a spectacular meal.
>> Let's Go
Mark David Real Estate
Whether it's buying, selling, or renting a property, their techno-savvy, highly trained, and motivated agents make it their business to satisfy you.
>>Meet the Agents
Allied Roof Repairs
Founded over 15 years ago, Allied offers quality home improvements with specialties in roofing, siding and windows. Fully licensed & insured in Nassau & Suffolk counties!
Click Here to go to our website and find a list of all of our corporate sponsors.
Our Newsletter Team
With Christmas almost here, everybody is busy buying gifts and getting ready for Santa's big visit. So we here at The Lexiebean Foundation just wanted to stop for a moment and say "thanks" to some Santas in our own neck of the woods.
We asked our families and friends to come through and help us be "Lexie's Elves" to make this holiday season extra special for our kids and their families. And guess what? You responded in a BIG way. Thanks to the overwhelming response of some wonderful supporters, we were able to satisfy the Christmas wishes of 18 families!
But our Santas didn't stop there. Even more supporters came through to run toy drives and provide us with enough dolls, board games, and other toys for the children who will attend our holiday party at Cohen's Children's Hospital on January 8th, 2014
Thanks to everybody who took the time to help us this holiday season. If you'd like to pitch in and help in other important ways, discover nine simple ways to help a family touched by cancer with tips from Lexie's Corner, or be inspired by the ways people have helped us in Tanner's High Fives.
Have a very Merry Christmas, and a happy, healthy, blessed New Year.
Peace, Love & Joy,
Your Friends at The Lexiebean Foundation
Tanner's High Fives
Whenever our young friend Tanner thought people did something really awesome, he'd give them a high five. So, in his memory, we'd like to give some High Fives and a giant "Thank You" to some truly amazing people:
People Who Ran Toy drives:
- Ed & Barbara Hebron with Holy Family & St. Ignatius CYO
- Bonnie Frankel & the LI Nassau/Suffolk Buy/Sell Group on FacebookŪ
- The Keszthelyi Family & their extended family & friends.
- The Body King in Floral Park Toy Drive
- Owner Joanne Barry of Fitness R Us toy drive
- Local 30 (Bill Lynn) organized a toy drive from the union members of Local 30 and donated a van load of toys for hospital party
- Swell Taco in Babylon Village: owners Brooke and Scott did a toy drive for Lexiebean in honor of Matt Dinapoli.
- Lisa Horner and Carly Nieves of the Carly Rose Foundation did a toy drive for the Lexiebean Foundation.
Thank you to the 18 Lexie's Elves that adopted a family for Christmas, fulfilling the wishlists for not only pediatric cancer patients but also their siblings.
Thank you to all the people who donated items for us to give to the hospital for all the in-patient or clinic pediatric oncology patients.
Thanks for being so awesome!
Tanner's mom, Melissa, writes a very moving blog called "Notes from a Mom-cologist" on the Love, Lexie blog. Check it out!
>>Notes from a Mom-cologist
We need YOU to Volunteer
Do you need hours for religious service? Want to get involved, but you're just not sure how? Here are some easy ways to help:
- Donate your credit card reward points to purchase gift cards that help our families
- Help us create care baskets or do administrative tasks
- Come to our events and lend a helping hand
Contact our Volunteer Coordinator at: email@example.com for more information on how you can get involved.
In our Prayers:
Please keep Prestun, age 4, in your prayers. He was recently diagnosed with Stage IV Neuroblastoma. We met Prestun recently when The Lexiebean Foundation provided some much needed assistance to his family.