Miles For Hope
Held in Flushing Meadows, NY
Registration begins at 6:30 am and the race begins at 8:00 am
Please join us for a 5K/10k Walk/Run & 1m Survivor Fun Run/Walk to help raise awareness and funds for brain tumor research.
The Lexiebean Foundation's
4th Annual Golf Outing
September 16, 2013
Woodside Acres Country Club, Muttontown, NY
**RSVP by September 1, and your
pre-paid golfer's fee will be $250!
Sept 1 - 15, pre-paid golfer's fee is $300***
You can register online, or by mail... Check out our flyer now for more details, along with registration information, on our website.
The Ocean to Sound Relay
September 29th, 2013
Over 1,000 runners are expected to cover 50 scenic miles through 15 different Long Island towns stretching from to Oyster Bay to Wantagh to raise money for cancer research. Our team is forming now!
Check back at our website often for more news and events!
Inspiration and Motivation for those touched by cancer
12 Terrific Ways to Get Involved This Summer
- Did someone say Lemonade Stand? Have your kids "set up shop" at the next softball game they attend, on your corner, or at your next family party. No donation is too small!
- Remember that Amazon®, iTunes®, supermarket, local pizza place, or other gift card you threw in the drawer and never used? Donate it to us so we can raffle it off in one of our gift baskets. We'll be very grateful!
- Create a new birthday tradition by asking for one or two gifts to be replaced with a donation to us. Any amount ($5, $10, $20) would be welcome and put to good use. Invite your kids to join you on their birthdays too. You can even compete with them to see who can donate the most.
- Form a "flash mob" and enlist a group of kids to go to the house of a homebound child with cancer. Put the kids to work: weed the lawn, water the plants, walk the dog, bring in the mail, go to the dry cleaners, go grocery shopping, drop off a casserole, or bring a video game or board game to play with the patient while you run errands for the parents.
- If you know a pediatric cancer patient who is just too sick to visit with friends, take your flash mob and perform a song/dance that you can put on video (you can use your phone). Email or text it to the child's parents so they can play it for him/her. It's a great way to show your love and support.
- Check in regularly. Sounds like common sense, right? After the shock of an initial diagnosis wears off, friends may slip away because they don't want to be a bother (or maybe it's scary for them, too). But friends don't let friends deal with childhood cancer alone. Send an email, text, photo or card once a week and tell them how you're going to help (don't ask how; just do it).
- Encourage your HR department to make matching donations to The Lexiebean Foundation. Or, invite them to become one of our Sponsors
- Want to lose weight, feel great, and have the most fun you've ever had exercising? Join our Lexie's Legs Team. You, your spouse, and your older kids can all run - and your little ones can come and cheer you on.
- Donate your credit card rewards points to us and we'll use the points to help one of our very worthy kids and families.
- Purchase tickets to our Golf Outing. It's the perfect way to spend a beautiful day AND help kids who need you!
- Buy journal ads on our website. You'll get great rates, spread the word about your business or services, and help children with pediatric cancer.
- Is your child artistic? Have them create a "masterpiece" (a painting, a sculpture, or a craft) and at the next family gathering, have them auction it off to the highest bidder. Tell family & friends that you're raising money for The Lexiebean Foundation, and let the bidding begin!
Make A Difference in the World
Make A Difference in the World
Are you tired of hearing-and saying-I'M BORED? Now's the time to get yourself and your kids involved in something truly wonderful.
Jump-start your service hours for next year's community service class, confirmation or mitzvah projects, help out some kids who really need you, and be a part of something bigger than yourself when you join The Lexiebean Foundation.
Our volunteers make things happen! Tell us your talents, get involved, and help support the kids and families who need you. Contact our Volunteer Coordinator at: email@example.com.
Vision 2 Market
Get one-of-a-kind branding, logos, graphics, advertisements, web sites, marketing strategies and more with this results-driven marketing company.
Find equipment, apparel, shoes and more at this store that scores a hole in one every time!
>>Check it Out
Founded in 2003, Outcast operates the largest digital TV network at the gas pump, with advertising and entertainment at over 125 locations.
Four Food Studio &
With exquisite food and extravagant flair, FOUR is a great place to socialize with friends, family and business associates. Drop by to enjoy a spectacular meal.
This full service electrical contracting company serves residential, commercial and industrial customers in all 5 Boroughs of NYC and in Nassau County since 1978.
Click Here to go to our website and see a list of all of our corporate sponsors.
Recently, 4-year-old Pamela was diagnosed with a brain tumor and sent to the hospital for intensive treatment.
After her parents contacted us, we helped them pay some bills and sent a gift basket to Pamela. Her parents told us, "thanks to you, Pamela smiled again....We are so glad that there are people like you supporting critically ill children and bringing happiness to their families." We are happy to do it -- and so thankful to everyone who supports us and helps make it happen.
July is here! School is out for Summer, and pool parties, barbecues and days at the beach are in full swing. They don't call it "Summer Fun" for nothing.
Taking it slow and easy is natural in the Summer time - but not for us! The Lexiebean Foundation is still working hard to make life better for all the kids out there who need us.
For the third Summer in a row, we are looking forward to spending a day at Sunrise Day Camp. This is the only dedicated full summer day camp in the nation for pediatric cancer patients and their siblings.
On July 31, we'll be going to Sunrise for a laughter-filled day that includes lunch, goodie bags and entertainment. We're expecting over 100 kids to attend! Check out our website in early August and watch for next month's newsletter for our favorite highlights and photos.
Our Golf Outing is coming up in September, and we would love to see you there! This is always one of our most popular events. Golfers get to enjoy 18 holes on the private course at Woodside Acres Country Club in beautiful Muttontown, New York.
Non-golfers and avid golfers alike enjoy a day filled with sponsorship perks, raffles, contests and lunch, followed by an evening with an open bar, dinner, and an awards ceremony. It's a day and night filled with camaraderie, laughter and fun that helps us raise money for the folks who need us. Don't miss it!
Mail in your registration or do it online -- you'll get $50 off for registering before September 1! Check out our flyer for more details.
Thanks to all of our generous supporters who donated products and gift cards for our raffle baskets! Please keep them coming - we can always use gift cards, merchandise, or other items. These raffles generate the funds we absolutely need to help our kids and their families.
Our Sponsors are some of the best people in the world! If you're interested in becoming one of our Sponsors and contributing to this and other events, please contact us at our offices in Plainview at 516-776-9415 and ask for Joe or Lea Falabella (Lexie's parents). You can also email them at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to add some meaning to lazy Summer days? Check out Lexie's Corner for a dozen easy ways to help others this Summer. Plus, check out Tanner's High Fives for a list of people who have helped us out in so many creative ways.
Do you love to run? Join Lexie's Legs Team! Our Events sidebar features some of the races that we'll be participating in over the next few months. You should also take a look at our Lexie's Legs sidebar for more information on our team or to learn how to join in the fun.
All the best,
Your friends at The Lexiebean Foundation
Whenever our young friend Tanner thought people did something really awesome, he'd give them a high five. So, in his memory, we'd like to give some High Fives and a giant "Thank You" to these truly amazing people:
- Heavenly Bites by Angel is donating a portion of their profits from each order for the months of July and August to The Lexiebean Foundation. Please show your support for this generous sponsor by "Liking" him on his Facebook® page at Facebook.com/HeavenlyBitesbyAngel. If you'd to get more information or place an order for cupcakes of all shapes and sizes for your upcoming party or event, contact them at:
- Heather Palmer, a friend of Lexie's from third grade, had to do a Mitzvah project, Tzedakah project, and creative project for her Bat Mitzvah - so Heather made and sold string bracelets! She raised $170 for her Mitzvah project and collected $30 for her Tzedakah project - donating a total of $200 to the Foundation!
Thanks for being so awesome!
Event Update: The NYC Color Run
The NYC Color Run was a great success. Held in Brooklyn, NY on July 7, 2013 and open to all comers, this 5K let our dedicated Lexie's Legs runners really show their true colors!
The Color Run™, also known as the Happiest 5K on the Planet, is an un-timed race in which thousands of runners are doused with a rainbow of colors at each kilometer. The fun continues at the finish line with a gigantic "Color Festival," using more colored powder to really make a splash!
Our Lexie's Legs runners showed up in their Lexiebean Foundation white T-shirts at the start line - and then they ran, laughed, got splashed with every color combo under the sun, and spread the word about The Lexiebean Foundation. Everybody had great time - so please join us next year!
Join our Team
Our running team participates in various races throughout the year and we are currently looking for a few "fresh legs" to join us. If you love to run AND want to be a part of a truly worthwhile cause, please contact our Running Coordinator, Donna Greenstein for more information at: email@example.com and put "Lexie's Legs Team" in the subject line of your email. Thanks!
Lexie's Legs Spotlight
Show your support for Lexie's Legs Team Member Tom McManus! Tom is running in the TOBAY Triathalon
on Aug 24th, 2013 and is raising funds for The Lexiebean Foundation. Please go to our website
now to support Tom as he prepares for this grueling race!
On July 27, Melissa Eichele will be running the Miles for Hope, raising money for pediatric brain tumor research. Melissa will be joining Team Superty in memory of Ty Campbell, a child we helped. Running alongside Melissa will be Ty's parents, Cindy and Lou. Spurred on by Ty's battle with cancer -- and in the hopes of finding a cure -- Cindy and Lou began The TLC Foundation, which raises money exclusively for Pediatric Cancer Research. Asked why she runs, Melissa said, "Through the Lexiebean Foundation, I can help other kids in his situation, be a support for other families, and be a part of a group of people who understand what it is like to lose a child to cancer." She's teaming up with Cindy, Lou and The TLC Foundation, because "it's important for us to join hands with other foundations, and to work together in the fight against pediatric cancer." Support Melissa as she runs for this very worthy cause!