The NYC Color Run
July 7, 2013
Held in Brooklyn, NY
Registration begins at 8 am
Show your true colors! Spread the word about The Lexiebean Foundation and have some serious fun at this "run" that is open to all comers.
Woodside Acres Country Club, Muttontown, NY
**RSVP by September 1, and your
pre-paid golfer's fee will be $250!
Sept 1 - 15, pre-paid golfer's fee is $300***
You can register online, or by mail... flyers will be available shortly, along with registration information, on our website.
The Ocean to Sound Relay
September 29th, 2013
Over 1,000 runners are expected to cover 50 scenic miles through 15 different Long Island towns stretching from to Oyster Bay to Wantagh to raise money for cancer research. Our team is forming now!
Check back at our website often for more news and events!
Inspiration and Motivation for those touched by cancer
5 Ways to Help A Family That Needs You
- Do you have any gift cards that you can't use? Donate them to us, and we'll raffle them off in one of our gift baskets. The money we raise will be used to help kids with cancer, their siblings, and parents
- Are your kids celebrating a Summer birthday? This year, instead of giving out goodie bags filled with erasers and candy your kids DON'T need, why not donate the money you would've spent to us - and we will make sure our pediatric cancer patients and their families get what they DO need
- Mobilize your kids! Any family with a child in the hospital can tell you that chores pile up fast. Bring your kids (their friends can come too) and do things like: mow the lawn, weed the garden, water the plants, do the laundry, vacuum the house, dust the furniture, empty the dishwasher, change the sheets, clean the kitty litter box, or walk the dog.
- Drop an email or text to the mom or dad of a child with cancer, and offer to drive their other children back and forth to camp or the pool park.
- Siblings need some attention too! Invite them to join your family for a home cooked meal and a movie, or take them with you to the town's fireworks night.
Make A Difference in the World
Summer time is here! Instead of wondering what to do with all that spare time, how about doing something that really matters? Want to get a jump-start on your service hours for next year's religion classes? Want to help out some kids who really need you? Come join The Lexiebean Foundation.
Our volunteers make things happen! Tell us your talents, get involved, and help support the kids and families who need you. Contact our Volunteer Coordinator at: email@example.com.
Offering a modern twist on traditional Mexican fare, K*Pacho will delight you with its bold flavors, delicious margaritas and lively atmosphere.
KNS has handled small and large exterior restoration, roofing and waterproofing projects since 1965. Put their knowledge and expertise to work for you!
Food Studio & Cocktail Salon
With exquisite food and extravagant flair, FOUR is a great place to socialize with friends, family and business associates. Drop by to enjoy a spectacular meal.
This full service electrical contracting company serves residential, commercial and industrial customers in all 5 Boroughs of NYC and in Nassau County since 1978.
Click Here to go to our website and see a list of all of our corporate sponsors.
June is such a hectic time of year. School is coming to a close, there are Regents and Finals to study for, and Summer vacation is almost here. And you know what that means - Summer camp is right around the corner!
During this extra-busy time, we just wanted to let you know what we've got planned for the months ahead. Hopefully, you can join us at one of our events.
For the third Summer in a row, we are looking forward to spending time at the Sunrise Day Camp. This is the only dedicated full summer day camp in the nation for children with cancer and their siblings.
This wonderful camp is designed to meet the emotional, social, recreational and physical needs of kids ages 3 ½ - 16 by day while letting them enjoy the comforts and safety of their own homes at night.
We cannot wait to join these children on July 31 for a fun-filled day that includes lunch, goodie bags and entertainment. We're expecting over 100 kids to attend!
We'll be sure to let you know how it went in an upcoming newsletter. Or, you can always check our website to see our latest photos and news.
Our Golf Outing is coming up in September, and we would love to see you there! Our mailing just went out, so please make sure to watch for it! You can mail in your registration or do it online. You'll get $50 off for registering before September 1!
If you're looking for a way to help, donations are needed for our raffle baskets! If you can donate gift cards, merchandise, or other items, we will be very grateful. The raffles generate much-needed funds and let us help pediatric cancer patients and their families.
Want to know more about some of the creative ways the people who work with us are helping our kids and their families? Check out Tanner's High Fives for a list of people who have done so many awesome and unforgettable things.
Do you love to run? Join our Lexie's Legs Team! We're forming a team for the Ocean to Sound Relay right now, plus we're involved in other fun events. Please contact our Running Coordinator, Donna Greenstein for more information at: firstname.lastname@example.org
All the best,
Your friends at The Lexiebean Foundation
Whenever our young friend Tanner thought people did something really awesome, he'd give them a high five. So, in his memory, we'd like to give Tanner's High Fives and a giant "Thank You" to some truly amazing people:
- Andy and Ellen Spathis of Robek's Premium Fruit Smoothies in Plainview, New York. They were kind enough to donate 10% of their Grand Opening Day receipts to us, for a total of $500! Please stop by and enjoy a delicious Fruit Smoothie at Robek's - and support this generous bunch!
- Friends Katrina, Chris, Christian, Fulvia, Jordan, Zachary, and Lexie's little brother, Anthony, and sister, Ava, all helped us complete our mailing for the upcoming golf outing
Heaven just welcomed its newest angel: Saphia Jones. Saphia, just 5 years old, passed away from a brainstem glioma this month.
The Lexiebean Foundation is helping her family by assisting with her funeral costs.
Please remember Saphia's family and friends in your prayers.