The NYC Color Run
July 7, 2013
Held in Brooklyn, NY
Registration begins at 8 am
Show your true colors! Spread the word about The Lexiebean Foundation and have some serious fun at this "run" that is open to all comers.
The Lexiebean Foundation's
4th Annual Golf Outing
September 16, 2013
This year's event will be held at Muttontown's beautiful Woodside Acres Country Club. Join us for a day of fun in the sun and s
hoot a round while raising money to help kids with cancer.
Check back at our website often for more news and events!
Inspiration and Motivation for those touched by cancer
Hope is a lot like a flower. Even in the harshest conditions, a seed can flourish when you add some sunshine, water, and warmth. The same can be said for the kids and families we help at the Lexiebean Foundation. In the midst of life's hardest circumstances, our young patients, their parents and siblings can find hope in the smallest gestures and they can continue to bloom. Here are some ways to keep hope alive and nourish our "seedlings" this spring:
- Volunteer for a monthly hospital visit. Once the shock of an initial diagnosis has passed, it's normal for people to get caught up their normal lives. Sometimes kids (and their parents) can feel so alone - so a smiling face and a friendly visit can work wonders
- Gather new magazines, books, crossword puzzles, Madlibs®, arts & crafts, puzzles, and gift cards to local restaurants for our gift baskets
- Help us put together gift baskets filled with all of these goodies
- Get your kids involved! Sell lemonade or candy bars at a softball game, and donate the proceeds to The Lexiebean Foundation
- Invite a sibling over for some much-needed "recharging" time. It can be as elaborate as a fancy restaurant dinner with your family, or as simple as a night of board games and pizza at your house
- Give Mom and Dad a break. Mow their lawn, pick up their dry cleaning, or arrange dog walking services for them so they have one less thing to worry about
- Get a teen involved! Have them download a cool new song list onto a patients' music player
- Donate your credit card reward points to purchase gift cards that can help our families
- Run with our Lexie's Legs team
- Not into running? Come to our events and cheer us on
Do you have a great tip or suggestion for Lexie's Corner? Post it on our Facebook page and let us all know about it!
Make A Difference in the World
Summer time is almost here! Instead of wondering what to do with all that spare time, get involved with something that really matters. Want to get a jump-start on your service hours for next year's religion classes? Want to help out some kids who really need you? Come and join The Lexiebean Foundation.
Our volunteers make things happen! Tell us your talents, get involved, and help support the kids and families who need you. Contact our Volunteer Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Newsletter Team
April is here, and as the temperatures (hopefully) start to warm up and the flowers start to bloom, we are filled with a sense of hope and excitement over all of the things we've accomplished so far this year.
The first thing we want to share with you is the news that our 3rd Annual Wish Upon a Star Gala was a smashing success! On Friday April 5th, over 340 guests joined us to celebrate the memory of Lexie, the little girl with the big heart, and to look ahead to all we can do for so many more pediatric cancer patients and their families.
Lexiebean 2013 Board and Volunteers
We'd like to give special thanks to Vikki M Photography, Chris Defeo from AdCom for our printing, Jill Falcone Vedric for our invitations, Facebooth, Angela Greco Barba for over 300 homemade ladybug cakepops, and DJ Koz for the great music. You all made this once-yearly event fun, festive and fabulous.
Also many thanks to our countless raffle and auction donors, sponsors, and supporters, and of course to all our attendees! It was a beautiful night, filled with smiling faces - and a wonderful time was had by all!
Congratulations and smiles all around to our wonderful 2013 Tanner's High Five Award Winner Vic Latino!
The next big thing we can't wait to tell you about is the success our Lexie's Legs team enjoyed at Citifield's Spartan Run event. On April 13, twenty-two of our dedicated runners competed in this grueling event. We scaled walls, bleachers, and burpees, did pushups, jumped ropes (climbed theem too), moved sandbags, rowed, crawled, jumped hurdles, climbed cargo nets AND completed a 5K run! In the end, it was all worth it, because Team Lexie's Legs placed 92nd out of 764 teams (we were in the top 12%!) and raised over $3,000 for The Lexiebean Foundation!
As usual, we are blessed to work with some pretty awesome people. Read about some amazing folks who have found creative ways to help us in Tanner's High Fives. Or for some ways to nurture hope--and help families dealing with pediatric cancer--check out Lexie's Corner.
Thanks for everything you do to help!
All the best,
Your friends at The Lexiebean Foundation
Whenever our young friend Tanner thought people did something really awesome, he'd give them a high five. So, in his memory, we'd like to give Tanner's High Fives and a giant "Thank You" to some truly amazing people:
- Ivelysse Powers and Farmingdale High School for participating in Jeans For A Cause and raising money for The Lexiebean Foundation.
- George Katsoulakis from GK Entertainment, for donating the screens for our video presentation
- Peter from Facebooth, for making us all smile
- Danny from Grand Auction Mart for running our live auction
- Jennie Lee from Handmade by Jennie for making the 50/50 board and ladybug tags for our baskets.
Thanks for being so awesome!
Please remember our special friend, Tanner, and his loving family in your prayers. Tanner's 2nd "Angelversary" in Heaven just passed on April 25.
Meet A Few of Our
Founded in 2003, Outcast operates the largest digital TV network at the gas pump, with advertising and entertainment at over 125 locations.
Lynbrook Runners Stop
They help you find fantastic runner's shoes at the best prices, along with free shipping, deep discounts on popular and discontinued models, and more.
Located in the heart of Great Neck's shopping district and a stone's throw from Manhasset's Miracle Mile, Mario's offers delicious food, personalized service and unsurpassed service.
>>Check it Out
Allied Roof Repairs
Founded over 15 years ago, Allied offers quality home improvements with specialties in roofing, siding and windows. Fully licensed and insured in Nassau & Suffolk counties!
Vision 2 Market
Get one-of-a-kind branding, logos, graphics, advertisements, web sites, marketing strategies and more with this results-driven marketing company.
Find equipment, apparel, shoes and more at this store that scores a hole in one every time!
>>Check it Out