The Consultation is about us. So let's own it.
What is it?
NHS Fife and Fife Council are working together in a new Integrated Health and Social Care Partnership which will be responsible for a wide range of public services here in Fife. The draft strategic plan sets out their vision for Health and Social Care (H&SC) in Fife along with an explanation as to why the way H&SC services are currently delivered needs to change.
Why get involved?
This is a significant opportunity to seek to influence major changes in around £560m (each year) of public services.
The strategic plan will guide service delivery over the next three years in Fife. "The right action taken today will reap rewards for people now and for generations to come." Councillor Andrew Rodger, chairperson of the Joint Integration Board.
How to get involved?
We have a stronger voice when we speak together.
FVA will support this consultation process through:
- Four surgeries across Fife to explore the themes of the draft strategic plan, just drop-in if you're free or let Christine know if you can attend:
- Thursday 22 October 2015 - 9.30-11.00am - New Volunteer House, 16 East Fergus Place, Kirkcaldy, KY1 1XT
- Monday 26 October 2015 - 2.00-3.30pm - Volunteer House, 69-73 Crossgate, Cupar, KY15 5AS
- Tuesday 27 October 2015 - 3.00-4.00pm - Circles' office, 5 High Street, Dunfermline, KY12 7DL - In partnership with Fife Advocacy Forum
- Friday 30 October 2015 - 1.30-3.00pm - Craig Mitchell House, Flemington Road, Glenrothes, Fife, KY7 5QF
- Publishing the draft strategic plan on our website and regularly updating this page with details of future surgeries/workshops following our November Health and Social Care Forum where Fiona MacKenzie, Change Manager will consult on the draft strategic plan.
- Collating and coordinating a third sector response
- Publishing a third sector focused guide to the 200+ page draft strategic plan
- Post consultation - Publishing a briefing on our collective third sector response to the draft strategic plan
We want to encourage you to submit your own individual responses to the consultation, but we know our voice is stronger when we speak together as a sector. Please copy us into your response, so we can include your feedback in the collated third sector response for Fife. Please copy [email protected]
If you wish to speak to someone within FVA about this consultation or about how to feed into the collated third sector response please contact:
You can call us on 08456 006 046.
Health and Social Care Forum
We have some exciting items lined up for our next two Forums!
Our next Health and Social Care Forum will welcome Fiona MacKenzie, Change Manager, Health and Social Care Partnership to consult on the draft strategic plan for H&SC Integration.
Date: Thursday 05 November 2015
Venue: Craig Mitchell House, Flemington Road, Glenrothes, KY7 5QF
Our December Forum will be extended to include the 'National Conversation on a Healthier Scotland' where we encourage you to invite along service users for the afternoon session which starts at 1.00pm.
Date: Thursday 03 December 2015
Time: 10.00am - 3.00pm
Venue: New Volunteer House, 16 East Fergus Place, Kirkcaldy, KY1 1XT
Below is a draft agenda outlining this session:
|1.00pm||National Conversations Event|
|3.00pm||Reflection and closing remarks|
Make sure to let Christine know if you're planning to attend either of these Forums as we're expecting them to be busy!
Citizen Wellbeing Assembly Report
Finally we want to share the latest report from the Health and Social Care Alliance from their Citizen Wellbeing Assembly.