Disclosure Training sessions for front-line staff operating across 'Fife's Employability Pathway' are being offered at Fife College campuses on the following dates:
|Halbeath, Dunfermline||Tuesday 27 January||09.30am|
|Wednesday 28 January||09.30am to 1.30pm|
|Pentland House, Glenrothes||Monday 09 February ||09.30am to 1.30pm|
|Nairn Campus (Next Steps), Kirkcaldy||Tuesday 10 February||09.30am to 1.30pm|
|Levenmouth Campus, Leven||Wednesday 11 February ||09.30am |
Each training session will last for three hours. Participants will gain:
- The confidence to ask/hear about an individual's criminal history
- Sufficient knowledge /understanding of the potential impact on an individual's career path and how to address this with them.
- The skills and knowledge to be able to formulate an action plan that will support the individual towards and into employment
Training activities will cover the following:
- Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (including exceptions to the Act)
- Rehabilitation periods (spent and unspent)
- The system of disclosure
- What needs to be disclosed
- When to disclose
- How to disclose (including 'sample' covering letters and CV)
- Construction of an effective action plan to support and progress ex-offenders
Places are available for 120 participants over the eight sessions. If you are interested in taking advantage of this training, please e-mail your contact details, job role and three preferred dates to BOTH firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com no later than Friday 16 January 2015.
As this training is being offered to a range of agencies, providing three dates enables session attendance to be planned to have a mix of staff from different agencies, rather than having all from one organisation booking in to attend one session.
Your attendance date will be confirmed during week beginning Monday 19 January 2015.
Back to top