MW Transaction Analysis
Oracle to Acquire Cloud Marketing
Provider Responsys, Inc.
- Total Transaction Size: $1.39 Billion
- Implied Enterprise Value (EV): $1.28 Billion
- Implied EV/LTM Revenue: 6.6x
- Share Price Premium: 38%
- Oracle (NYSE:ORCL) announced this morning that it was acquiring Responsys, Inc for approximately $1.4 billion.
- The acquisition price, $27 per share, is a 38% premium over Responsys's Thursday closing price of $19.52.
- Responsys is a marketing automation firm that enables clients to coordinate their online marketing, including email, mobile, display and social advertising capabilities.
- Oracle is one of the IT Industry's most prominent buyers, with this transaction marking the company's seventh announced acquisition this year. Other major acquisitions included its March acquisition of Acme Packet and its February purchase of Eloqua (announced December 2012).
Securing a Foothold in a Growing Market
martinwolf was not the advisor in this transaction.
San Francisco, CA Bangalore, India
With offices in San Francisco and Bangalore, India, martinwolf is a leading middle market M&A Advisory focused on companies with services-based business models. Since 1997, our team has completed more than 115 transactions in six countries. We are a five-year member of the Merrill Lynch PS Referral Network, and were selected as ICICI Bank's (India's leading private bank) exclusive strategic partner for acquiring U.S. IT companies.
The firm is also a presenting sponsor of the Global IT M&A Forum.
martinwolf is a member of FINRA and SIPC. For more information, visit www.martinwolf.com.
To learn more about martinwolf, contact Matthew Putzulu at email@example.com.
© martinwolf 2013