Dear CSS Community Member,
The end of the school year is nearly upon us! To ensure your room/apartment check-out goes as smoothly as possible, please keep in mind the following guidelines as you prepare to leave. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Residential Life and Housing 218-723-6391 or email@example.com.
Best of luck to all of you as you near the completion of this academic year!!
|Building Close - May 10, 10 a.m.|
Somers Hall and the apartments officially close on Friday, May 10, at 10 a.m. Please be checked out (including all of your belongings removed) from your room/apartment by this time.
If you need to stay on campus later, you can submit an online request permission to stay until May 14. Please use the link below to submit this request.
The cost for staying on campus is $20 per day after Friday, May 10. Students who are required to stay on campus due to college sponsored activities are not subject to this charge. All requests must be approved by the Office of Residential Life and Housing. Students who remain on campus after May 10 without prior notification or approval will be charged $50 per day.
Graduating seniors do not need to move off campus until Monday, May 13, at 10 a.m. (after commencement) and do not need to submit an online request.
Students who have registered for Cor Leadership Day are required to leave right after the conclusion of the day's activities.
|Last Day of Food Service|
Meal plans will end with lunch in the Greenview on Thursday, May 9. You may pick up one sack dinner for that evening during the lunch period, if you have meals left. Storm's Den will be open until 3 p.m. on Thursday, May 9.
| Boxes for Packing|
Boxes for packing may be found on ground floor by Food Services or in the apartment lobbies.
|Summer Storage Schedule|
There will be limited storage space available over summer break, and items put in storage must remain there until fall. There is a refundable $20.00 cash deposit due for carpeting and furniture; no deposit is required for boxes.
Fall 2013 Storage Pick-up Schedule
- Tuesday, May 7th, 3 - 4:30 pm in Somers 245. Only boxes will be accepted. All boxes must be closed and sealed with tape.
- Wednesday, May 8th, 3:00-4:30 pm in the Ground Floor North Lounge 48. Only furniture will be accepted. This includes chairs, tables, etc. (One piece per person.)
A $20 cash deposit required for each piece of furniture placed in storage. This deposit will be refunded in the fall upon pick-up. NOTE: Cash deposit only; checks will not be accepted!
- Thursday, May 9th, 3:00-4:30 pm in the Ground Floor North Lounge 48. Only carpet will be accepted. It should be rolled tightly and labeled. A $20 cash deposit required for each roll placed in storage. This deposit will be refunded in the fall upon pick-up. NOTE: Cash deposit only; checks will not be accepted!
- Sunday, September 1st, 2:30 - 3:30 pm in Ground Floor North Lounge 48 (Carpet)
- Sunday, September 1st, 3:30 - 4:30 pm in Ground Floor North Lounge 48 (Furniture)
- Monday, September 2nd, 2:30 -3:30 pm in Somers 245 (Boxes)
|Long Distance PIN|
Your long distance PIN numbers will continue, if you are a student living on campus this summer and/or returning next year. Contact Facilities at 723-6106 for more info
|Recycle - Recycle - Recycle|
The recycling rooms on each floor of the residence halls will be emptied daily. Please use the recycling containers for recycling only. Large quantities of unwanted items and old carpeting should be brought directly to the large dumpsters that will be located at Somers Loading Dock and the apartment's garbage site.
| Check-out Policies|
You may choose one of two ways to check-out. Checking out improperly will result in a $25 improper check-out charge on your student account.
1. Formal Check-Out Procedure:
- Sign up on your RA's door to have your room/apartment checked out. Please remember that all items must be removed from your room before your RA can check you out.
- It is important that you be checked out of your room by your RA. He/she will check your room/apartment for cleanliness and note any damages.
- It is beneficial if all roommates check out at the same time. All roommates will be equally responsible for the cleanliness and damages to your residence whether you are the first to leave or the last to leave. (Note: RA's do not determine cleaning and/or damage charges.)
- When you leave, be sure to TURN ALL KEYS IN TO YOUR RA.
- If you live in Cedar, Kerst or Scanlon, your door access will expire Friday, May 10 at 4 p.m. If your card stops working before you leave please check at the Campus Operator desk to get this fixed.
- Please have your room thoroughly cleaned. In an unfortunate case that this is not done, you may be charged up to $150 for improper cleaning per resident/per room.
2. Express Check-Out Procedure
- Pick up an Express Check-Out Form from the Campus Operator Desk or the Residential Life Office. Complete this form and drop it, along with your key, to the Campus Operator Desk. For specific details, please read Express Check-out Form.
Please use the following list before checking out to ensure that everything is completed.
- Clean bathtub
- Clean shower curtain
- Clean toilet
- Clean sinks
- Clean drains (tub and sinks)
- Clean bathroom floor
- Clean walls (wash off marks)
- Defrost freezer (do not turn off)
- Clean refrigerator (do not turn off)
- Clean kitchen sinks
- Clean oven
- Clean stove top including burners
- Clean counter tops
- Clean kitchen floor
- Clean kitchen cupboards/drawers
- Clean walls (wash off marks)
- Vacuum entry and living area
- Vacuum all bedrooms
- Dust bed frames
- Dust heating unit along walls
- Remove nails/tape from all walls & doors
- Clean windows
- Clean closets
- Clean sinks (Somers)
- Clean walls (wash off marks)
- Brick Apartments: Clean out storage closets with nonabrasive cleaners.
- Clean hallway door and remove tape
Residential Life reserves the right to adjust the check-out form and impose additional assessments for damages pending final inspection which occurs when the premises is completely vacant.
|Save the Dates!|
Oct. 11 - 13