The Taylor Mill Fire Department is pleased to announce the receipt of a grant from FM Global in the amount of $2,416.00. This grant will be utilized to purchase touch pads and software to aid in the Fire Inspection Process. Congratulations to Chief Dennis Halpin and all the staff that worked on this endeavor.
Additionally, the Taylor Mill Fire/EMS Department is concerned about the safety and welfare of you, your family, and your friends. With the winter months upon us here are a few tips to keep everyone, including your home, safe:
*Never run a gas or propane heater in your home unless it meets the safety requirements identified by the manufacture. Inappropriate use of these devices are a leading cause of death across the country.
*When using candles make sure you use a solid base and keep flammable products away from them. Never leave candles unattended or lit when you are not at home or asleep.
*If you have and use a fireplace get an annual chimney inspection by a licensed sweep company.
*Generators are extremely helpful when your power fails, but remember to run generators outside with the proper extension cords. Never tie one into your fuse box with a power cord unless you have the proper switching device and the work is performed by a licensed electrician.
*Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors are the most important items to have in your home please make sure to test them regularly and replace the batteries at least twice a year. In the event you cannot change your batteries and need assistance contact your local firehouse at 859.581.6565. Someone on our staff will be happy to assist you.