Happy Halloween! As you gear up for a night of fun and fright, play it safe and ride with Uber. Details on hopping a free ride are below. As we head into November, we can't help but reflect on all that we're thankful for, and that means YOU.
Here's what else is new at Medley Inc..
Oh, and we celebrated 5 years this month!!! So, yes thanks are in order. Thanks to each and every one of you for continued support.
Papercity Magazine Sponsors
READ3Zero Luncheon and Book Signing
Tomorrow, the Houston non-profit literacy organization, READ3Zero, will honor students nationwide at their 5th Annual Ceremony and Book Signing. Special guests include Keynote Speaker Neil Bush and Mistress of Ceremonies Deborah Duncan.
Children's Author Melissa Williams Takes a Stance Against Bullies
|Bullying Prevention Awareness with Texas Children's Author Melissa Williams|
Children's Author Melissa Williams on ABC 13.
She takes a stance against bullying and shares tips on prevention with ABC13-Elissa Rivas.
Friends of the Bayou City Art Festival Ride
for FREE with Uber
Glam Gadgets for Girls
Our President/CEO shared her top picks for beauty gadgets on Great Day Houston. Here's what made the cut:
1. SHINE Fitness & Sleep Monitor- allows you to use points to easily measure all your activities, such as walking, running, swimming, cycling- even sleeping
2. GRIFFIN Mirror Identity Case- check your lipstick, teeth, etc. on the go with this mirrored case
3. KINIVO Bluetooth Stereo Headphones- great for the woman on the go, as it serves as both a wireless music headphone and Bluetooth phone headset for hands free calling
4. SATECHI USB Portable Humidifier
- On the go support for itchy dry skin and chapped lips
The Women's Home, Building Whole Lives
The residential treatment and transitional housing program at The Women's Home serves women who have become homeless due to mental illness and/or substance abuse disorders, specifically women with co-occurring illnesses who require long-term treatment. The Women's Home offers their residents a home and an individualized WholeLife program based on six wellness areas: emotional, financial, physical, social, spiritual and vocational. Their clinical, residential and vocational services support these wellness areas.
Learn more about The Women's Home and the ways to give back at www.thewomenshome.org