Many members asked to receive the OLLI brochure earlier - and we listened!
Watch your mailbox for the brochure after July 23, take time to review our offerings, then choose your way to register, beginning July 29:
1. Wednesday, July 29, 9:00 - 11:00 a.m.: Attend the OLLI Registration Open House in the Michel Student Center Ballroom A with free, open parking on campus. During this time, you'll have the chance to interact one-on-one with staff, enjoy delicious scones, and spend time with your friends (or meet some new ones). Registration forms received at the Open House will be processed first.
2. Wednesday, July 29
, 2:00 p.m.:
Starting at 2:00 p.m., visit OLLI's webpage (bradley.edu/olli
) and make your selections online. Online registration is fast, easy, and gives you immediate confirmation of your selections. You can continue to register online throughout the season!
3. Wednesday, July 29, 2:00 p.m.: Staff will begin to process registration forms received via the postal service. You may mail your form at any time, but it will be queued and processed in the order received.
4. Thursday, July 30, 9:00 a.m.: Staff will be available to answer registration questions over the phone on this date. If you need further information about your registration form, or have questions about a particular program described in the brochure, please call (309) 677-3900 on this date.
Trivia Teaser #5
In anticipation of OLLI's Trivia Night Fundraiser on Friday, August 28, we will be awarding weekly prizes to the winning answers for Trivia Teaser sample questions!
For the first seven weeks, the winners will choose from an OLLI T-Shirt (size XL or XXL), and OLLI Tote Bag or Grocery Bag. For the final three weeks leading up to the fundraiser, each winner will receive a "Correct Answer Pass" that their team can use for an automatic correct answer at the Trivia Night Fundraiser!
How to Play:
1. Read the Trivia Teaser question below.
2. Email your answer to Elly at email@example.com BEFORE 12:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 23. Please make sure the subject line of your email is titled as follows: Trivia Teaser 5
**Please note-- One entry per person per week.
3. Each winner will be randomly selected. The winner will be notified via email by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday.
4. Check back the following week-- you can play as many times as you'd like!
Trivia Teaser 5: What is the sixth planet from the Sun?
Congratulations to last week's winner, Joe Duncan!
To last week's Trivia Teaser 4 question, "In 1940, the campaign slogan of the Republican Presidential candidate was 'Win with ___.' Fill in the blank," the answer was "Wendell Wilkie." Thanks to all who participated!
To register online for the OLLI Trivia Night Fundraiser on Friday, August 28
, please click here
Don't Miss This Year's Summer Social!
The OLLI Summer Social is a great way to catch up with old friends and make some new ones. Join us at this year's Summer Social Aboard the Spirit of Peoria in August!
We will enjoy the scenic views of the Illinois River from the Spirit of Peoria, dine on a hot lunch, and spend time in the company of good friends. We will also be treated to a private presentation about World War II B-24 bomber, Lady Be Good, as presented by Don Samford, retired history teacher and president-elect of the Peoria Area World Affairs Council Board of Directors.
Summer Social Aboard the Spirit of Peoria (Activity Level 1)
Wednesday, August 12
12:15 - 3:00 p.m.
$44 - includes presentation, cruise, and lunch
Seating is plentiful, but we ask that you register in advance. To utilize our online registration system, please click here
Continuing Education's World of Wonder summer camp for gifted and talented students is seeking additional supplies for the August session!
If you happen to have any of the following materials lying around, we will gladly accept them for our teachers to use in hands-on learning activities:
- shoe boxes
- paper towel and wrapping paper tubes
- magazines or catalogs with pictures of boys' and girls' clothing
- grocery ads from newspapers
- large plastic containers, assorted shapes
- assorted fabric appliques
- old broom sticks
- rolling pins
- glass mason jars
Any donated items are greatly appreciated!
Peoria Public Library Presents: Peoria's Past
Peoria Public Library presents: Peoria's Past
DATE: Saturday, July 25, and monthly through December (please see below)
TIME: 2:00 - 3:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Peoria Public Library Lakeview Branch, 1137 W Lake
Are you a local history buff? Have you ever stumbled upon a hidden path or seen an old building foundation and wondered what used to be in that spot? Join the Peoria Public Library at the Lakeview branch once a month to discuss the past of Peoria. Each month a different Peoria landmark or area will be discussed. Our city has a rich and fascinating history. Come to one of the discussions listed below to learn more!
July 25 - Riverfront and Al Fresco Park
August 22 - Downtown Peoria
September 26 - Grandview Drive
October 24 - Bradley University
November 28 - Caterpillar
December 26 - Revisit highlights of previous discussions
Keep Up with OLLI!
Stay up-to-date with the latest in OLLI news on any of our social media platforms.
Find out what OLLI members are up to--follow us on our learning trips, and stay informed on class information.
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on Google+
Visit our Blog
Watch us on YouTube
Consisting of more than 1,000 nearly 1,100 people ages 50+, OLLI members come from all backgrounds and educational levels. Together they enjoy a diverse collection of year-round programs including non-credit classes, educational travel, study groups, cinema, and lectures.