Hello - Important Update - Please Read
You should have received an email on January 10, 2013, from Intuit regarding a Fraud Protection Software update.
If you have QuickBooks Point of Sale (POS) 2013 or have already downloaded the "Fraud Patch" this month for your POS version, you can ignore this email.
IF YOU HAVE NOT DOWNLOADED THIS PATCH and are not on POS 2013, PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW and comply
BY DEADLINES LISTED below to avoid an interruption of your merchant service:
Important QuickBooks Point of Sale Software Update Now Available
A Fraud Protection Software update was released on January 9, 2013. A customer email communication was sent on Thursday, January 10th. No action or software update is required for current QuickBooks Point of Sale 2013 customers.
Patch Release Dates
A patch will be released every three business days.
- V7, January 9
- V10, January 14
- V9, January 17
- V8, January 22
Patch Release Notes
Security enhancement which provides even more robust protection for merchant services.
Customers must install the patch by the February deadlines listed above to avoid an interruption in their service.
- Why are we releasing a Fraud patch?
- To provide even more robust protection for merchant services
- Why do customers need to install the patch by the deadlines listed?
- Customers need to install the patch to ensure the latest security update for merchant services. If the patch is not installed by the deadline, customers won't be able to process merchant services. Transactions will return with an error message advising to call POS Support.
- How do customers install the patch?
- In your POS software, click on the Help link located in the right-hand corner of your screen
- Select software update
- Select check for updates
- If an update is available, please select install this update
"QB Bob" Crook
Owner, Small Business Solutions LLC
Intuit Premier Reseller (IPR)
Certified - Advanced, Enterprise, & Point of Sale
Goodbye to QuickBooks 2010 Support
As of May 31, 2013, Intuit will discontinue support for QuickBooks Pro, Premier and Simple Start 2010, QuickBooks for Mac 2010, QBES 2010, and QB POS 8 & 9. You can continue to use these solutions, of course, but live technical support and add-on services like payroll, credit card processing, online banking and bill-pay are not accessible. Talk to us about upgrading if you're using any of these products or services.