|"Supporting children with varied abilities and their families in achieving full participation withing their homes, schools, communities."
| ||Back-to-School Tips|
The following health and safety tips are from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP).
Making the First Day Easier
If your child is anxious about the first day of school, reassure her that she is not the only student who may feel a bit uneasy. Before the first day approaches you can:
- Always wear a bicycle helmet, no matter how short or long the ride.
- Ride on the right, in the same direction as auto traffic.
- Use appropriate hand signals.
- Respect traffic lights and stop signs.
- Wear bright color clothing to increase visibility.
- Know the "rules of the road."