|Classroom Support Toolbox
As our state continues its transition to the Common Core State Standards, the Department of Education will be providing resources to support teachers as they begin planning for the 2013-2014 school year. Next week the Department will release an online Classroom Support Toolbox that includes tools to help teachers set goals, plan and evaluate student progress.
The toolbox will include the following:
- Year Long Scope and Sequences: For ELA and math, the standards will be bundled into units and sequenced across the school year.
- Sample Unit Plans: Exemplar unit plans will illustrate how to plan at the unit level from the year long scope and sequence.
- Assessment Guidance: Guides will explain the structure of assessments and how the assessments align to the standards. Some sample assessment questions will also be provided.
In addition, the Department will be launching applications for the first ever Louisiana Teacher Leaders. This group of 2,000 educators from across the state will include at least one teacher from every school, as well as principals and district staff from each district.
Please join the Department next week for the introduction of the toolbox. Click the link below to join one of two live streaming sessions to receive an orientation to the toolbox.
- Wednesday, February 27, 3-4 pm
- Thursday, February 28, 3-4 pm
|2012-2013 Assessment Guidance
Discussions and announcements about plans for 2013-2014 should not take educators off track for this year. Please note that for the 2012-2013 school year, all assessments (LEAP, iLEAP, EOCs) will remain aligned to the GLEs and CCSS as outlined in the 12-13 assessment guides available here. As an additional resource for grades 3-8 teachers, practice tests aligned to the assessment guides are also available here.
Louisiana Department of Education
1201 N. Third Street
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70802