It is with great pleasure that I have accepted the responsibility of President of District 303. I'm proud to have the opportunity to serve the volunteers of this district.
With the current National Chapter of the Year and several other chapters that rank in the nation's top 10% as part of our district, we are celebrated as one of the best in the entire United States. Our district's scope of services and range of clients encompasses the full spectrum, and we have over 500 members and 14 chapters. The management of our volunteer organization is quite complex, so I hope to work cooperatively with all of our members to raise the district to an even higher level of performance.
Because I haven't had the pleasure of meeting many of you before, I'd like to share a little bit about my background:
* I've volunteered with SCORE for six years - with the last two years as Chester County Chapter Chair.
* I have ten years of experience as a management consultant specializing in business strategy and M&A due diligence.
* I had spent thirty nine years as a corporate executive with global marketing, business development, and operations experience.
* I have Board of Directors experience at computer, distribution and electronics companies.
* My educational background includes a BS, MS and a PhD in Engineering from Case Western Reserve University in Ohio.
* I moved from Ohio to PA seven years ago.
My objectives while serving the District include:
* Making the most of our 500 members' strengths and talents in the best interests of our clients.
* Striving for balanced chapter performance with emphasis on nurturing long-term clients and facilitating success stories.
* Encouraging the use of the new national email counseling service and other virtual communication techniques.
* Ensuring the smooth adoption of the new "CORE" MIS system.
* Assisting all chapters in achieving a solid financial foundation that is less dependent on the unpredictability of SBA funding.
I believe now is an ideal time for SCORE to move to the forefront in starting and building new businesses. As an all-volunteer organization manned by extremely capable mentors, we have a decided cost benefit over our competitors. We can further amplify that advantage by engaging the wave of new retirees who are now looking for meaningful challenges and ways to give back to their communities.
I'm looking forward to meeting - and working - with all of you to better understand the unique strengths and challenges each of your individual chapters face. Together, I know we can accomplish our objectives and expand on the success of District 303.
Thank you for your service to SCORE!
Bob Fedor - District 303 President